2015 BOA San Antonio Predictions

Does anyone know where to find the full redrawn schedule for tomorrow? I'm curious what the lineup is now with everything changed.

I keep hitting F5 on the BOA web page to refresh it.  Nothing posted there yet.  We also haven't heard from our director either.

So is there like a full shuffle of the schedule tomorrow?  If so, why?  Why didn't they just...

A)  Leave current schedule as is

B. ) Open 7 new slots at the end of current schedule

C)  Place the 7 bands from today into the new slots (either in current order or in a new random order - doesn't really matter)

This way, the only ones that have to redo plans for tomorrow are the 7 bands from today.

The huge problem is that there's no way any of the major roads will be safe to drive on at night time or very early in the morning. The roads will all likely still have a fair amount of water and it'll be too dark to see it. 

Having bands meet 7-8 AM performance times, necessitating driving in still quite unsafe conditions, is incredibly irresponsible. The only real option is to add slots to the end, even if it drives finals further back (or cancels it).

This was just posted on the BOA website:

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Recent weather has impacted the travel of many of the bands enrolled
in the San Antonio show. MFA officials are continuing to work with the
participating band directors on any issues. Updates are being made as
they are confirmed and we will update the Saturday scheduled after 8
p.m. local time tonight.

So I guess we'll know after 8:00 this evening.

I have absolute confirmation from BOA staff that ALL 7 bands have been offered slots on Saturday. Slots range from 6:45am to 4:30pm. As to whether the bands accept those slots, that is up to the band and the district.

6:45?  Seriously?   This is a bit ridiculous. <edit>  No, this is just stupid.  What is BOA thinking? </edit>

Why don't they just leave the schedule as is and add 7 slots to the END of it?  How hard can that be?  No one has to change any plans except the 7 bands!   I can't wrap my mind around that one. 

<edit> 6:45?  Still dark.  Roads potentially still covered in water.  Nothing dangerous about this at all...  </edit>

Ok, that is messed up if some other band gets stuck with 7am and Bowie is allowed to move to mid afternoon.

I think the problem was that with the uncertainty of inclement weather that bands that go on early also don't know if they could get there on time. It's possible Bowie asked if they could be pushed back as well. Luck of the draw I suppose.

Adding 7 slots to the end of the competition would make finals go until 1am or later. Prelims was already scheduled to start at 7:15am, so 2 slots before that is not horrible.

So?   It's a Saturday night.  It's not affecting school schedules for kids.  Shouldn't be affecting too many work schedules for parents (hopefully).  And no one has to get up at 2:30 / 3:00 AM and risk driving through potentially dangerous conditions.

Besides, you're still adding 7 slots throughout the entire day.  The only thing you shift is 2 slots early to 2 slots later. 

Add the slots to the END of the current schedule.  Not that hard...

Ok, that is messed up if some other band gets stuck with 7am and Bowie is allowed to move to mid afternoon.

Why?  Bands got moved around all day today due to the weather and no one seems to have a problem with it.  With the forecast as it stands, there is little to no chance that AISD would have allowed Bowie to attend at their scheduled time just like today's bands who were rescheduled.  From what I understand, a draw was held for the bands that needed to reschedule with all the available times and that is what Bowie drew.  I don't know if that is a fact, but it meshes with other posts in this thread.  I am sorry that some bands have chosen not to attend and major thanks to the bands who changed times today and tomorrow to help out the schools that are travelling. 

Why?  Bands got moved around all day today due to the weather and no one seems to have a problem with it.  With the forecast as it stands, there is little to no chance that AISD would have allowed Bowie to attend at their scheduled time just like today's bands who were rescheduled.  From what I understand, a draw was held for the bands that needed to reschedule with all the available times and that is what Bowie drew.  I don't know if that is a fact, but it meshes with other posts in this thread.  I am sorry that some bands have chosen not to attend and major thanks to the bands who changed times today and tomorrow to help out the schools that are travelling. 

Because there was aleady a schedule in place for tomorrow that didn't have to be altered.  Bowie already had plans for their 7:15 time slot.  Why change it?  Why change anyone's time for tomorrow?  There was no need for it.  The only people that should really have to worry about altering anything for time and scheduling are the 7 bands moving to tomorrow from today.

Also, saying "there is little to no chance that AISD would have allowed Bowie to attend at their scheduled time" holds true to ANY band getting scheduled at 6:45, 7:00, or 7:15 tomorrow.

BOA should have kept it simple by leaving the current schedule in place and tacking today's bands on to the end of the current schedule.  Simple.  Easy.  No one but today's bands have to change plans.

Because there was aleady a schedule in place for tomorrow that didn't have to be altered. Bowie already had plans for their 7:15 time slot. Why change it? Why change anyone's time for tomorrow? There was no need for it. The only people that should really have to worry about altering anything for time and scheduling are the 7 bands moving to tomorrow from today.

Also, saying "there is little to no chance that AISD would have allowed Bowie to attend at their scheduled time" holds true to ANY band getting scheduled at 6:45, 7:00, or 7:15 tomorrow.

BOA should have kept it simple by leaving the current schedule in place and tacking today's bands on to the end of the current schedule. Simple. Easy. No one but today's bands have to change plans.

amen