18 minutes ago, packwick said:

also the crown to start Vista's show. lol, wonder where ive seen that before??? sly little nod there, love it. Iconic. ICONIC.

both vista and bowie were hot messes visually, same as everyone else in August in TX, couldn't really tell what was going on a lot of the time. too early to project any future success obviously. i'll keep u posted lol. ill know when theyre cleaner!!

Just watched the ht shows and I agree on everything. I hate how they have the guys taking over vista, but they sounded good from what I heard 🤷‍♂️ I also very much Love JB’s mucus book. Seems like they are taking the drill a little slower which imo is good with making finals at nats the season goal, and they are starting out strong! 

There’s a video of Wakelands performance during ht against Grapevine and MY GOD, they sound so good! This year will somehow be better than last, but the drill is really clean for this early in the season, and it’s just really powerful sounds! They definitely didn’t lose anything with the new director, and will still be dominating as usual. It’s hard to determine their power music wise bc it seems that this system or whatever the account uses to stream the performances always make the volume of the bands way higher than they actually are, but regardless they sounded incredible.

Subscribe to the iHSFan Webcast Network you tube page. There is a link on the Round Rock Dragon band FB page. They cover the RRISD games. Tonight's games are Stony Point @ Austin, Cedar Ridge @ Cedar Park, Weiss @ Round Rock,  McNeil @ Del Valle and  Eastview @ Westwood. Some of the games start at 7pm others at 7:30pm so you should be able to see multiple bands perform. RR/Weiss game is at 7pm, Cedar Ridge/Cedar Park game at 7:30pm. They cover halftime and don't talk over the bands.

9 minutes ago, NEPats said:

Subscribe to the iHSFan Webcast Network you tube page. There is a link on the Round Rock Dragon band FB page. They cover the RRISD games. Tonight's games are Stony Point @ Austin, Cedar Ridge @ Cedar Park, Weiss @ Round Rock,  McNeil @ Del Valle and  Eastview @ Westwood. Some of the games start at 7pm others at 7:30pm so you should be able to see multiple bands perform. RR/Weiss game is at 7pm, Cedar Ridge/Cedar Park game at 7:30pm. They cover halftime and don't talk over the bands.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Cant wait to see all the bands perform tonight! 

texan live streams bunches of games but i learned after paying 12 bucks for a month that they mute halftime for copyright reasons. oh wellz. was trying to see 7 lakes. well i guess technically i saw them lol. looks like they'll have both Hebron and FloMo tonight, thought it was only H-town so kinda surprised. was curious if the sound is still on when it's live but ill be at a fancy steakhouse tonight w/ my sister so prob won't be watching anything live. seems like they sometimes forget to mute.

KSAT12 will stream CTJ tonight. u might have to watch it live. not seeing post event recordings.

woodlands online will have twhs, tho they often do a crappy multicam that's like 80% close ups. did high-ish cam for Grand Oaks last night tho. other CISD schools too.

I'm really excited for Round Rock this year. I think they looked and sounded solid for their first public performance. Lots of difficult musical and visual phrases. I hope they make their return to GN Finals. I think they probably will. 🤞

1 hour ago, packwick said:

anyone have any insights on why they're a bit behind learning the show this yr and last? just a new approach of holding back? i for one think u need to give the kids every public performance opportunity possible to build confidence even if it's dirty. def was concerned when it took them until Oct 18th last yr to perform their full show for the first time publicly.

Slow and steady wins the race! Well, at least it did for Marcus over and over again more than a decade ago. I'm not sure that still holds true. 😄 My feeling is that TWHS knows more drill than what they performed tonight. That 2nd part is a bit tricky rhythmically, which may have contributed to their decision not to march it. Anyway, I think the first part is exciting. I love the sinuous opening set, and the interesting side 1 and side 2 interplay between the guard and band. The visual is very musical. They sound great, too.

2 hours ago, solyxx said:

Not sure how I feel about the drill for this show just yet but cy woods is sounding very good for where they are right now

HOLY COW!! They sound incredible! I’m not a huge fan of them having the battery play during the woodwind feature, but they sound dangerous, could definitely see them wining the Conroe comp this year

3 hours ago, Bandmomx4 said:

I have a feeling their music is getting dialed in further than what they showed us last night and we just need some consistent days under 105 degrees for them to catch up their drill to where they would normally be. 

oh yeah the weather def sux but they're also far from the only ones dealing w/ that. did u see how much North Shore performed at the same game?!! maybe NS has an indoor facility from trickle down football funds that have been generously gifted to the band. we all know that's the only way it would work LOL. bands are an afterthought.

btw north shore looked and sounded great!! nobody has mentioned them yet!!! i was pretty impressed.

back to the topic, just find the pace of learning kinda strange. ultimately worked out for them last year. and my overall impression is more positive this yr despite them only performing like a parent exhibition amount of show.

1 hour ago, ArkanNight12 said:

Here is a first look at Klein oak. Woodwind soloists sound amazing!  Looks like they already have some of their ballad, but I don’t think they’ve caught up to the drill yet

that ballad is lovely. im looking at that set in the thumbnail right now asking myself, is that a Wes show??? lol. classic drill form.