UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

Just now, Tubalord11 said:

Amazing performance from 7L!! That music book is not easy but they made it seemed so! Woodwinds were killing those licks, very strong sounds from the brass, guard was great, big fan of the music in this show, great job Seven Lakes! 

Omg yes! Immediately took me by surprised how fast their fingers could move!

1 minute ago, bassfunction said:

all of the posts about everyone doing well are scaring me so bad 😭😭😭 we cant all go to finals (as awesome as that would be) !!! id hate to be a judge rn

Yeah I think It's safe to say this is the most competitive 6A state comp to date, I would hate to be a judge here 

1 minute ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Omg yes! Immediately took me by surprised how fast their fingers could move!

IK!! Right off the back just into the hard stuff with no problem 

I'm sorry, nothing is coming anywhere close to touching that, Hebron is miles ahead of the best of the day, would be so shocked if they don't win today, will be interesting to see how Vandy responses but I don't see them coming close to that, I'm just speechless. One word: Perfect. All of it. All in, All the time. I'm starting to struggle to see anything topping this at nats, at least musically, but there's plenty of GE. I'm just speechless right now 

Just now, Tubalord11 said:

I'm sorry, nothing is coming anywhere close to touching that, Hebron is miles ahead of the best of the day, would be so shocked if they don't win today, will be interesting to see how Vandy responses but I don't see them coming close to that, I'm just speechless. One word: Perfect. All of it. All in, All the time. I'm starting to struggle to see anything topping this at nats, at least musically, but there's plenty of GE. I'm just speechless right now 

makes me wish I could change my predictions XD

Hebron was insane!! They exceeded my expectations, which were already super high. My only complaint is the woodwind runs in the ballad we’re so overkill that it took away from the moment for me, lyrical playing is okay sometimes! Also shout out to the guard which has really stepped up and tackled all that crazy flag work. 

Those woodwind runs would. not. freaking. stop!!! My goodness most bands stop after a couple of bars but not only did they play for ages but they also did so while on the move! And hello upper registers in the clarinets and flutes? Everyone knows how hard it is to get quality intonation out from those sections in that range but Hebron’s performers just handle it like it was nothing!🤯

Just now, BlazeDrugzFreestylePt2 said:

PRETTY GOOD?!?! Hebron is the best marching band in the universe! (outer space emoji). I can’t believe there’s still people like you in this world. This is honestly disrespectful and I for one will not tolerate this idiotic behavior, especially on this well respected forum. The LB feature was top notch and I busted in my pants a little (oopsies (quirky emoji)). I would sacrifice my life for Hebron. #HEBRONFIGHTNEVERDIES #THEHOLCOCAUSTNEVERHAPPENED

Yikes, looks like we found a troll. I know Hebron is good buddy; I’ve never denied that. Sure, Hebron is in contention for one of the best marching bands, but I said my comment sarcastically (BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS HEBRON IS GOOD SMH). I’m not even sure why I’m replying to you; you’re such an obvious troll. 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Ninja455 said:

Yikes, looks like we found a troll. I know Hebron is good buddy; I’ve never denied that. Sure, Hebron is in contention for one of the best marching bands, but I said my comment sarcastically (BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS HEBRON IS GOOD SMH). I’m not even sure why I’m replying to you; you’re such an obvious troll. 😂😂😂

I think they were being sarcastic as well.

Keller HS-

That Opener was giving me Duncanville 2010 vibes, and I'm all for it! The big ballad visual looked SO CLEAN! I really enjoyed the musical package, and really like the fact that they utilized the entire field. They had one moment that used High Leg marching that was really interesting to see. The closer was so good as well! Overall, an amazing performance from Keller HS and I hope we get to see them in finals after that run! Thank you Keller HS for the AMAZING performance!

So much improvement from Keller since Area!! Their brass is just phenomenal as always, drill is a LOT cleaner all around, and that ending really packs a punch! I do think it was their best performance to date and would be pretty surprised if they don't make finals, but with how good everyone has been, anything could happen. A couple small splats in the brass towards the end, but still an amazing run. I'm thinking they should do pretty well at GN's, starting to shape up to make finals, and I think that "magical touch" will be there by then. Great job Big Blue!!!