UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

1 minute ago, gregorydf01 said:

With the kid's also watching these threads I think it is always a good habit to find the positive and not stress the negative in what you are watching.   These are all fantastic bands and the effort put in is top notch! 

100%! Also everyone, I lied, I will be watching a good chuck of prelims today! I'll be able to watch from here until Coranado performs, and then back on at 4 with the Woodlands for the rest of the evening! Got to get a small clip of Haltom starting at the ballad and my GOODNESS did they sound great! Really rich brass sounds, very powerful ensemble sounds, and drill was pretty clean! Great job Haltom!!

3 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

100%! Also everyone, I lied, I will be watching a good chuck of prelims today! I'll be able to watch from here until Coranado performs, and then back on at 4 with the Woodlands for the rest of the evening! Got to get a small clip of Haltom starting at the ballad and my GOODNESS did they sound great! Really rich brass sounds, very powerful ensemble sounds, and drill was pretty clean! Great job Haltom!!

Love to see you watching and to get your comments, always well thought out and said!  

Wow College Park!!! What a performance to finish up the first block! I see why the won music at Conroe, great sounds all around, love me some "There's no place like home" from Lost, very reminiscent of Crown 2014. Drill was very clean, great curves throuhgout the show, guard was killer and soloist were fantastic. Great job CP!! 

1 hour ago, Rubisco said:

First band of the day already sounding great! Way to go, Wylie East! I would NOT want to be a music judge at this contest. 😬

The high cam isn't bad. Unlike Box 5, the picture is clear on my phone and likely HD quality. Sound is good, too. The only thing is that the frame rate looks ever so slightly below 24 frames per second, if 24 fps is what "real life" looks like. Not that bad, though, just ever so slightly slowed down. Hopefully they at least maintain this quality. I'm sure multi-cam is more frustrating with the choice of shots they make.

I watched high cam for a couple of bands and multicam for a couple. They’re both good. I’m pretty impressed with the streaming so far, but I have nothing to compare it to since I have only watched competitions on Box5 so far. This is my first experience with this network.

5 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

For those who saw Timber Creek, how'd they do? One of my roomates marched there and was wanting to know how they did, ya'll think they have a good shot at finals? Hoping the early performance time dosen't kill their scores. 

They sounded great! A finalist contender for sure. I don't think it was their best performance, but really proud of them. I love that ballad. Reminds me of The Leftovers series from HBO.

Watched the live steam, I bet they sounded incredible live.

2 minutes ago, homerchap said:

They actually warmed up inside. Everyone was still talking about Ronald Reagan when Klein oak went. Did anyone see them? Thoughts?

Klein Oak was one of the visually cleanest of the morning block, in my opinion. Very, very well performed! That show has grown on me a LOT since Conroe!

5 minutes ago, homerchap said:

They actually warmed up inside. Everyone was still talking about Ronald Reagan when Klein oak went. Did anyone see them? Thoughts?

I thought they sounded phenomenal. I was sitting up front so I couldn’t see much visually except for what was right in front of me. Im wondering how much the rain has affected the instruments. Many of these bands have been performing in rain lately.