2023 BOA Austin (Sept. 23)

LeanderMomma

12 minutes ago, symphbee said:

Holy Lake Travis! That's so awesome for them! Completely deserved based on their performance today, their show appeared to be VERY difficult and it looks like it paid off!

Also relieved to see Cedar Park in the top half - I think they have a good shot to end up with a medal tonight, can't wait to see how they (and all the other groups) do!

The 2 that I would give medals are VR and Vandy.

5 minutes ago, Band2021 said:

Westwood! Really surprised me here. In my opinion "Ballad of the unhached chicks" is a very intimidating piece to play on the field and timing is usually the culprit. They really played the heck out of this music tonight. You can tell these kids are excited to be on the field tonight.

EXACTLY what I was thinking about Unhatched Chicks! I would absolutely end up marching to the upbeats! 

Westlake wow this screams professional from the first split second of movement. The color contrast with the music works really well for me! These woodwinds are crazy good WOW! Tough show musically, love that transition into the Beatles! The demand is THERE; and execution will be perfected over the next month, as is expected! Keep it up! Again with the dynamic prop usage, unexpected for just screens but I love it! 

2 minutes ago, ChristopherRoden said:

I LOVE the Leander field design. It REALLY conveys ripple as do the visuals + soundscape. GE ++++ right there. The raindrop opening hit set continuing the props over with the brass hit that sounds double the size of the actual band is incredible. Oftentimes this early in the season some flutters look like a scramble, not leanders. They know where they’re going! I love the ripple motif! Coupled with how big they sound, great great GREAT performance overall!!!  

I'm really excited to see how Leander ISD in general does this year! Rouse beating Cedar Park and Leander in prelims was really interesting to see. I am truly excited and can't wait to see what they have in store!