2023 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (Nov. 3 & 4)

LeanderMomma

56 minutes ago, LeanderMomma said:

BTW if y’all want to see highlights of the absolute best parts of the shows this weekend live, be sure you are following me on Instagram and checking my stories. ♥️♥️

Thank you SO MUCH for the post!! It’s really nice to be able to see some of the parts of the shows since I can’t watch prelims, should be able to catch finals tonight! 

Would love to see TWHS win the visual caption here. Super clean marching and the guard blows everyone else out of the water. I love the effect of having one leg black and the other yellow. That last flag feature was incredibly clean. There is still a level of musical precision that they have yet to unlock with this show, though. 

13 minutes ago, jmartin1056 said:

That was the greatest color guard performance of a high school ever. Simply incredible.

close!! i would still prob give it to Avon 2019, they move just a bit better and have denser spinning phrases. but the top to bottom high cam depth of tw's guard is pretty mind boggling!!

stellar run from them. im biased but that was by far the cleanest vis show ive seen at this contest from upstairs. super duper effective too. ironically the weakest parts musically for me are the small ensemble and soloist parts, weird instrumentation too. 1st trumpets still struggling w/ intervals in the ballad a little, but it's rather challenging.

49 minutes ago, packwick said:

close!! i would still prob give it to Avon 2019, they move just a bit better and have denser spinning phrases. but the top to bottom high cam depth of tw's guard is pretty mind boggling!!

stellar run from them. im biased but that was by far the cleanest vis show ive seen at this contest from upstairs. super duper effective too. ironically the weakest parts musically for me are the small ensemble and soloist parts, weird instrumentation too. 1st trumpets still struggling w/ intervals in the ballad a little, but it's rather challenging.

Avon 2019 was sloppy at Grand Nats finals, lots of drops, but yes the phrasing was hard. Woodlands have the superior cleanliness matched to the demand. Having seen both shows live. I was truly left speechless when the woodlands ended with that flag feature.

yasss college park represent!!! must be nice not having to perform so early this time!! much improved vis program, still love the music ofc. giant weapon line, guard def starting to make a name for themselves. looking forward to their return to wgi!! really im hoping all the open class guards step it up this yr.

OKAY WOW what an incredible two days!! here we go:

Top 7 (in order, kinda) -

TWHS, Marcus, Vandegrift, Vista, Rouse, Reagan, Round Rock

Top 8-14

Bridgeland, Wakeland, Cedar Park, Cedar Ridge, CTJ, LD Bell, Leander

Just out/deserving finalists:

Westlake, Timber Creek, Dawson, Lake Travis, Westwood, Forney, Wylie East, Bowie (the list could go on)

Despite a lower number of participants compared to the last couple of years, the competition was still incredibly tough.

Vandegrift, The Woodlands, Marcus, Rouse, Ronald Reagan, Vista Ridge, Round Rock, Cedar Ridge, and Bridgeland are all solidly in finals.

I kept thinking over and over again about predicting who's getting those last spots, and I've decided I'm not going to do it. Because I can't. A lot of the bubble bands have been on fire and I honestly think it is anyone's game.

Just now, goombatrony said:

Ok I'll play. Here are my pics for finals, in no particular order: 

Cedar Park

Vista

CTJ

Westwood

Round Rock

Rouse

Vandegrift

Leander

Marcus

The Woodlands

Ronald Reagan

Wakeland

Bridgeland

14- could be any of the following- Cedar Ridge, Glenn, United

I like the sheer and utter boldness of your predictions for 14th.