2023 WGI: The Slay All Day Thread

Rubisco

6 minutes ago, Origin said:

Love love love Carmel. I specifically love how weapon-heavy the show is while still maintaining a laid-back casual coolness. 

Between TWHS, Tarpon, and Carmel, I don’t think there’s a clear leader. All were so good! I think TWHS had the fewest drops but that obviously doesn’t equate to a higher score. 

And of course Avon hasn’t gone yet.

I completely agree! for me, my personal rankings of the four would be Tarpon, TW, Avon and then Carmel. Really love the James Bond show from Avon! Carmel's show was also incredible, but it wasn't just for me. Could definitely see them in any order, all were just so good! 

20 minutes ago, packwick said:

oooo, Carmel way out ahead. twhs in 4th. prob not what they wanted but not that bad considering their crappy performance time. just a point away from 2nd.

Yeah I don’t really agree with how much Carmel was ahead, may need to rewatch them but idk to me at least, they had the “least difficult” of the 4, but idk really anything about Color Guard like most of the people here 

oh fusion is so obviously a blast/bluecoats team production. didn't even need to look that up, tho i did just in case so i wouldn't look like a complete dumba** lol. Jim Moore choreo and Jon Vanderkolff soundtrack/staging. fun fun fun but also pretty interesting. probably the next new guard to win a gold medal.

Northwest wassss.... yeaaaah...

46 minutes ago, Origin said:

It was very memorable in the absolute worst way possible. Definitely the worst marching arts performance I’ve ever seen. I feel bad for those performers. 

Y’all keep saying this but I went back and watched their Dallas run and I have seen FAR worse. They’re out there doing their best just like everyone else. 

12 minutes ago, stellamo said:

Y’all keep saying this but I went back and watched their Dallas run and I have seen FAR worse. They’re out there doing their best just like everyone else. 

I went back and watched an older performance to see if their show was always like that, and today’s was completely different. I also think audio is very necessary to understand my reaction lol. 

DCs Different Drummers did even a tiny bit worse. didn't see that one.

only one point separating the top 3 in IW. ooooo, exciiiting, see that's how SW should be too but w/ twhs replacing Avon of course lolol. have my doubts thatll happen tho. it's Avon, they haven't missed the top 3 since like 2015.