2023 BOA Grand National Championships (Nov. 9-11)

josephbandfan

WOW Bartlett! This has to be one of my favorite shows of the year! Its such a cool theme, and they are executing the show so well. Soloist were on fire the whole show, great dynamics, and that guard was a treat to watch! Visually very stunning, I doubt it will happen but I would love to see them make finals, because wow that was an incredible performance, great job Bartlett! 

Even with the electronic issues, Carroll has impressed me SO much!!! What an amazing show! Guard was the big wow for me, so much hard work they are making look so easy. Great ensemble sounds, those woodwinds were ripping through some very difficult licks, and soloist were great, and the pushed through, great job Carroll! 

10 hours ago, GeekBoy54 said:

Semi-Finals Performance Schedule. All times are Eastern Standard Time.

6:30 AM - Gates Open

--------------Next 8-----------------

7:15 AM - Marian Catholic H.S., IL
7:30 AM - Bartlett H.S., TN
7:45 AM - Carroll H.S., IN
8:00 AM - Plymouth-Canton E.P., MI
8:15 AM - Walled Lake H.S., MI
8:30 AM - Homestead H.S., IN
8:45 AM - Nation Ford H.S., SC
9:00 AM - Arlington H.S., TN

BREAK

---------------Top 22-----------------

9:30 AM - Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX
9:45 AM - Blue Springs H.S., MO
10:00 AM - James Bowie H.S., TX
10:15 AM - Morton H.S., IL
10:30 AM - Dripping Springs H.S., TX
10:45 AM - Hebron H.S., TX
11:00 AM - Centerville H.S., OH
11:15 AM - Lawrence Township, IN
11:30 AM - Round Rock H.S., TX
11:45 AM - Fishers H.S., IN
12:00 PM - Bentonville H.S., AR

BREAK

12:45 PM - Carmel H.S., IN
1:00 PM - Kiski Area H.S., PA
1:15 PM - Avon H.S., IN
1:30 PM - Bourbon County H.S., KY
1:45 PM - The Woodlands H.S., TX
2:00 PM - Keller H.S., TX

2:15 PM - William Mason H.S., OH
2:30 PM - Lake Hamilton H.S., AR
2:45 PM - Dartmouth H.S., MA
3:00 PM - Pearland H.S., TX
3:15 PM - Brownsburg H.S., IN

3:30 PM - EXH. Indiana University Marching 100

----------------Class Representatives-------------

3:45 PM - Beechwood H.S., KY
4:00 PM - Estill County H.S., KY
4:15 PM - Miamisburg H.S., OH

4:30 PM - EXH. North Carolina A&T Blue & Gold Marching Machine
4:45 PM - Semifinals Awards Ceremony 

I know CTJ is crying rn because of that time. I feel for them, I cried when we even got a 9 am performance time.

WALLED LAKE!!! What a show! Another INCREDIBLE color guard, absolutely memorized by their performance, especially their rifle line...I mean they killed it, I think one somewhat big drop, but other than that they were CLEAN! Soloist were very good, the drill helped bring out the show so much, lots of drill/bodywork to help do so. Really great sounds, loved this show SO much, amazing job Walled Lake! 

Homestead has me jamming out at 7 in the morning!!! It's hard for me to read the show design wise, but boy do they sound and look great! Soloist did wonderful, some very hard drill that they killed, and just great sounds throughout the group! Percussion was defiantly a highlight, and that Guitar soloist was awesome, great job Homestead! 

Amazing job Arlington! Such a HUGE, rich opening statement was blown away by their sound! Great rendition of "The Swan" in the ballad, they played it so beautifully, and with such a mature sound. Visual package was great, some really challenging stuff that they nailed, another performance I absolutely loved, great job Arlington! 

CTJ performed like it was their last time, but I hope we see them again. Definitely the best performance of their show I’ve seen this season.

Blue Springs has an incredible attention to detail visually. Amazing soloists, but the ensemble moments left something to be desired. Also, the narration at the very end went on way too long.

Blue Springs has left me speechless.....what a beautiful show!! That Sparano Sax played with such a perfect tone! Visually stunning, and musically just amazing, the ending, while very long, added so much emotional power to the show. I mean, it's a "weird" show design, don't get me wrong, but the execution is top notch, I mean wow wow wow, great job Blue Springs! 

Blue Springs’ show was not my favorite a couple weeks ago, but now I LOVE it. Those kids are some of the best visual performers in the country and they have such a challenging concept to convey, yet they pack it full of emotion! I’m much more partial to TX sound, but the strength of their visual program and originality of their show are incredible.

2 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Blue Springs has left me speechless.....what a beautiful show!! That Sparano Sax played with such a perfect tone! Visually stunning, and musically just amazing, the ending, while very long, added so much emotional power to the show. I mean, it's a "weird" show design, don't get me wrong, but the execution is top notch, I mean wow wow wow, great job Blue Springs! 

Playing that soprano sax solo with such expression would be very nerve wracking in that huge suspended silence! Excellent.