2023 BOA Grand National Championships (Nov. 9-11)

josephbandfan

2 minutes ago, packwick said:

yeah not sure what's gonna happen, would be surprised if it's a caption sweep in 4A but ive been surprised many times before. i swear if it's another Carmel sweep.... lol

now Hebron on the other hand...

I thought Carmel and Avon had nice big sounds, but maybe my expectations were just too high. I thought other bands out played them today and had harder material that showed better musicianship. I'd love to be educated on why these two bands have been on top. I'm pretty critical and thought TW and Hebron were better overall, even Bentonville had moments that put them higher in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, cybrunette said:

Semis high cams!! 

Missing Bartlett bc Box5 crash & Carroll bc after their unfortunate issues their start caught me off guard lol

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15hpZUAuZjSn-8Gushd_VMSy_WOQGwRWj?usp=sharing

all i wanted for Xmas was a recording of Fishers show!!! xoxoxo

I am so proud of every Texas school. the school I’m most proud of is Keller. I had talked to a few of them at full retreat in Prosper, and they had so much passion for their show. They genuinely wanted to advance to finals in Grand Nationals, and I believe they are a lock for finals. Really really proud of you guys at Keller. 💙

My dream list for finals is all 8 Texas bands, Avon, Carmel, Blue Springs, and William Mason.

Do I think it'll happen? No. Fishers, Brownsburg, and Bentonville all put up a good fight for finals.

I'm secretly hoping there's a 4 way tie for 12th so we get all 15 of those bands in finals, I don't want to say goodbye to any of them! That's how good this Grand Nationals has been!

Predictions (I have only been watching High Cams, wish i was there in person to listen more accurately to musicality)

Top Half:

• Carmel 
  • Hebron 
  • Avon 
  • The Woodlands
  • William Mason
  • Blue Springs

Bottom half:

• Pearland
  • Brownsburg
  • Round Rock
  • Dripping Springs 
  • CTJ
  • Keller/Bentonville/fishers

First Out

• Bentonville/Keller/fishers

after watching vids of the presumed top 4, here's how I have them-

Music-

1. Hebron

2. Carmel

3. The Woodlands

-gap-

4. Avon

Visual-

1. Avon

2. Carmel

3. The Woodlands

-gap-

4. Hebron

GE (this one is TOUGH- top 3 are neck and neck)

1. Hebron

2. Carmel 

3. Avon

4. The Woodlands

and GE ranking is how I'd have them overall

4 minutes ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

It’s incredible that none of us ever get our predictions exactly right lol. Like there’s always a group or two we under/over rank cuz we don’t see things the way the judges see them 

The best I ever did was getting all 12 in the correct order and within 1 point of the scores. Once and only once.