BOA Houston 2019

Westlake and Woodlands are much closer competitively than Reagan and the Woodlands. I think its more of a battle for 2nd honestly. 

Agreed. 

BOA 18 prelims: Reagan 1st ---- Westlake 11th - TWHS 12th

Finals: Reagan 2nd ---- TWHS 8th - Westlake 13th

+/- twhs and westlake: 2

+/- rrhs and twhs: 8

Yes, different years bring different things, but one can't say trends are sporadic.

I've attached a quick chart of the scores for Reagan, TWHS, and Westlake from BOA SA since 2003. TWHS did not attend in 2004 and 2008, Westlake did not attend in 2007. Reagan made finals every year (16 for 16), TWHS made finals every year attended (14/14), and Westlake made finals 9 times (9/15).

I find it interesting to see the ebb and flow. Reagan started strong, then declined, then have come on strong again (assume the decline was from CTJ opening). TWHS has been pretty consistent across the years (even with College Park opening in 2005). Westlake has had 2 periods of stronger performances. Perhaps 2018 is the start of another one?

post-25626-0-72255000-1565898655_thumb.jpg

Reagan struggled through both CTJ splitting off and several band director changes. The last director change was smoother, as the current director was an assistant and part of their rebuilding process prior to becoming director. I had a kid in the band during the rebuilding years, so the growth has been fun to watch.

Reagan struggled through both CTJ splitting off and several band director changes. The last director change was smoother, as the current director was an assistant and part of their rebuilding process prior to becoming director. I had a kid in the band during the rebuilding years, so the growth has been fun to watch.

I had the pleasure of sitting beside the father of the current Ronald Reagan director last year during finals at the Conroe Regional. We had a great conversation that evening.

This is such and early season competition. I know our school really relies on the feedback and response from it to help them fine tune for the rest of the season and San Antonio/Indy depending on what year it is. I think they are trying to have more of the program learned to have on the field by the time they go to this than they have in the past.

This is such and early season competition. I know our school really relies on the feedback and response from it to help them fine tune for the rest of the season and San Antonio/Indy depending on what year it is. I think they are trying to have more of the program learned to have on the field by the time they go to this than they have in the past.

If I remember correctly, they had all but maybe a minute or so of last year's show on the field for the Conroe regional. If they can have more/all ready to go, that would be great.

After watching and hearing things about a few of the parent/preview performances I've decided to make my own prediction.

1. Reagan (all i can say is i love HTTYD music)

2. The Woodlands (I love On The Town, so really excited for them)

3. Westlake (haven't really heard much, hope for a strong showing after last season)

4. Seven Lakes (excited for them after a strong year, have heard good stuff)

5. Cy-Fair (I think they can handle the director change with not much falloff)

6. Oak Ridge (not sure about how i feel about the repertoire) 

7. SFA (heard some very good things) 

8. Pearland (loved their parent preview)

9. Brazoswood (always solid here, haven't heard much about their show this year however)

10. Westwood (its christmas in october)

This is just my opinion, obviously I can't justify the predictions for bands I haven't seen in person, but I trust the people that have given me feedback.

Schedule by block. a friend texted this to me so not sure how legit it is. If it is....that last block is stacked!

Magnolia HS

Conroe HS

College Park HS

Dawson HS

Paetow HS

Langham Creek HS

Westfield HS

Sandra Day O'Connor HS

Katy HS

James E Taylor HS

Oak Ridge HS

Cypress Woods HS

Bridgeland HS

Klein Oak HS

​Friendswood HS

​The Woodlands HS

Stephen F Austin HS

The Ann Richards School

William B Travis HS

Cinco Ranch HS

Pearland HS

Clear Brook HS

Little Cypress - Mauriceville HS

Pflugerville HS

Cypress Falls HS

George Ranch HS

Westwood HS

Cy-Fair HS

Richland HS

Brazoswood HS

Westlake HS

Obra D Tompkins HS

Seven Lakes HS

Ronald Reagan HS

Magnolia HS

Conroe HS

College Park HS

Dawson HS

Paetow HS

Langham Creek HS

Westfield HS

Sandra Day O'Connor HS

Katy HS

James E Taylor HS

Oak Ridge HS

Cypress Woods HS

Bridgeland HS

Klein Oak HS

​Friendswood HS

​The Woodlands HS

Stephen F Austin HS

The Ann Richards School

William B Travis HS

Cinco Ranch HS

Pearland HS

Clear Brook HS

Little Cypress - Mauriceville HS

Pflugerville HS

Cypress Falls HS

George Ranch HS

Westwood HS

Cy-Fair HS

Richland HS

Brazoswood HS

Westlake HS

Obra D Tompkins HS

Seven Lakes HS

Ronald Reagan HS

Those are my picks for finals. 6 out of 10 finalists in the last block. 

Selfishly, I’m bummed that the last block is (1) stacked and (2) includes Seven Lakes because it’s likely the block I’ll have to miss for college football pregame events. Really wanted to see 7L live on FloMarching, especially at Legacy Stadium.

There’s always next time! :)

(If you couldn’t tell, I’m still getting used to this whole “Not being in HS band” thing.)

Does anyone have performance times along with the performance order? And where was this found along with the schedule for Austin those aren’t appearing on HornRank BOA schedule or final packets(besides McAllen)

I have no idea where BigTrombone gets this stuff. Insider info I guess cuz he ain’t tellin.