BOA Midland 2019

One big thing is politics. School districts (like large corps) are full of internal politics.

Of course there are other possible reasons. Just having a potentially large budget is not always as attractive as people often think, especially with the strings that can be attached.

definitely - with those larger budgets, comes larger expectations and usually some over bearing parents that get too involved and start to question the directors direction of the program. I could never do what directors do - dealing with all those parents.

• 2 weeks later...

What did the tweet say?

It said “bummed to learn we won’t be seeing this show brought to life in the fall” with a picture of the field design that Timber Creek released back at the end of April. The fact that it got deleted so quickly leads me to believe that it wasn’t supposed to be be public information. But if HornRank puts it out there then...that’s on them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know where Hunter Bown is going?

Refresher for what the schools in Frisco ISD are...

Centennial

Frisco

Heritage

Independence

Lebanon Trail

Liberty

Lone Star

Memorial

Reedy

Wakeland

EDIT: I was typing this as the previous two comment were added

Independence. They are a newer school in this district so it will be interesting to see what he brings. Their former director is now the assistant director of fine arts and their former assistant was picked up by Wakeland when Coppell took Jerry Miller. I hope he’s a great fit for them as they have had a bit of turnover for a young school.

• 2 weeks later...

It isn't a complete overhaul of the show. They have learned and performed their complete opener so far. They had to change parts of the show because uniforms were never ordered that coorelate with the show. A number of other items were never completed or setup before the two directors departed that affected the show as well. In their haste to leave town balls were dropped.

Based on feedback from people in the BOA community as well their previous show was too complicated and featured too many props that made no sense together and would have just produced confusion to those who were not in the know and understood the themes they as a band were presenting.

It isn't a complete overhaul of the show. They have learned and performed their complete opener so far. They had to change parts of the show because uniforms were never ordered that coorelate with the show. A number of other items were never completed or setup before the two directors departed that affected the show as well. In their haste to leave town balls were dropped.

Based on feedback from people in the BOA community as well their previous show was too complicated and featured too many props that made no sense together and would have just produced confusion to those who were not in the know and understood the themes they as a band were presenting.

We wish nothing but the best for the Timber Creek band this fall.  You guys deserve a great show!   I'm so sorry for the last minute changes your band is facing.  I know they will get past this and have success once again in the near future.  We are really pulling for you all!

I haven’t really seen anything else from vista ridge since their show announcement, does anyone know how they’re doing?

I linked a video to their parent preview in a different thread but I believe the video has been taken down. I really liked what they had going on and they should have a lot of success this year. They are upping everything from last year so Timber Creek would have to really bring it to beat them here.

Timber Creek will hang in there fine. I do think they might have a slight drop from all the shifting gears in the program but they’ll place very high here at Midland I can tell you that

Yep, I agree, I think they still have a strong opportunity to medal and take the Silver home.  I am really looking forward to seeing them in person!

Per a poster on HornRank...

Prelims Schedule as of 09/12/2019

8:45 Midland Lee H.S., TX
9:00 Creekview H.S., TX
9:15 Odessa H.S., TX
9:30 Pecos H.S., TX

BREAK

10:15 Hobbs H.S., NM
10:30 Midland H.S., TX
10:45 Del Rio H.S., TX
11:00 Mansfield H.S., TX
11:15 Plainview H.S., TX