The Danpodcast - 2018 UIL 6A Area Nerd-In

I’m so happy with all these new prOrgans building and blossoming and I agree that they know how to play their horns and it’s not by accident but rather strong foundations! Area Saturday here we come!!!!

It's awesome!  The more kiddos learn how to play their horn properly, the better off the activity is as a whole!

Dan - I'm also going to react to something you said.  As you were waxing poetic on the depth of Area B, you made the claim that there will be a band left out of Area B Finals that would advance to State in any other Area.

I'll allow for the possibility that you got carried away in hyperbole, but if you were serious I will argue that there is no way that would be true with regards to Areas D or H, and possibly C as well.

Defend yourself, mano! :huh:

Dan - I'm also going to react to something you said. As you were waxing poetic on the depth of Area B, you made the claim that there will be a band left out of Area B Finals that would advance to State in any other Area.

I'll allow for the possibility that you got carried away in hyperbole, but if you were serious I will argue that there is no way that would be true with regards to Areas D or H, and possibly C as well.

Defend yourself, mano! :huh:

That's true. I was hoping that I said "probably" but that is not the case in Area H and possibly Area D. You think I write this stuff down????? :)

I'd say "among the very best" is appropriate no matter the Area. I will not take that accomplishment away from any student who makes it this far.

That's fair and the system works well enough that the best will be there. So it's accurate as far as it goes and it's a great thought for the kids to have in their head as they take the field.

There will still be notable absences so the dream of a perfect system that could address the "Wild Card" issue still eludes us and the kids in those bands. It would be nice if someday the sign could accurately say some form of, "You are better than everyone who isn't here today."

That's fair and the system works well enough that the best will be there. So it's accurate as far as it goes and it's a great thought for the kids to have in their head as they take the field.

There will still be notable absences so the dream of a perfect system that could address the "Wild Card" issue still eludes us and the kids in those bands. It would be nice if someday the sign could accurately say some form of, "You are better than everyone who isn't here today."

I hear what you are saying.

Dream System:

I rank everyone personally and take bribes in the form of Tender Rolls.