Football Teams - 2018

BanderThanYou

Vista's Football team are great band boosters :-)  Honestly, they really do support the band and the band supports them.  I remember two years ago when the band were the only ones in the stands during a downpour supporting the team and the football boosters kicked in money for nicer buses for the band competition.   This has been a very hard year for the football team.

Vista's Football team are great band boosters :-)  Honestly, they really do support the band and the band supports them.  I remember two years ago when the band were the only ones in the stands during a downpour supporting the team and the football boosters kicked in money for nicer buses for the band competition.   This has been a very hard year for the football team.

That is VERY cool.  Poor kids.  I read a rant on Facebook recently of a Vista Ridge football mom.  She is definitely NOT happy with the coaching staff at Vista.  She might have said a few things that she'll regret later.  

That is VERY cool.  Poor kids.  I read a rant on Facebook recently of a Vista Ridge football mom.  She is definitely NOT happy with the coaching staff at Vista.  She might have said a few things that she'll regret later.  

Oh boy.....  Football is weird at Vista.  Many times when a particularly talented player comes around he transfers to Cedar Park or they move to Lake Travis.  I couldn't imagine doing that IMHO, would you move so your trumpet player could play for a different band?

Oh boy..... Football is weird at Vista. Many times when a particularly talented player comes around he transfers to Cedar Park or they move to Lake Travis. I couldn't imagine doing that IMHO, would you move so your trumpet player could play for a different band?

Well, VR has a great band program so there’s no need, but if my child was in a local school whose band program was subpar and I had the opportunity to move them to one of the Leander schools, I sure would!

Cy-Fair, other than two bad games in the middle (that were losses) has their lowest margin of victory by 20 points (against TWHS), and are at 6-2 (4-2) with a +279 point margin... and currently third place in the district. Most of our players from our state championship last year were seniors, so it's been not quite as good of a season, but good nonetheless.

Here is your weekly District 6-6A recap.

Flower Mound beat Marcus 59-21 to win The Mound Showdown

Coppell beat Irving 48-13

Lewisville topped Nimitz 35-7

Hebron outlasted MacArthur 24-17

Standings:

*Flower Mound 5-0 District 6-2 overall

Lewisville 4-1 District  6-2 overall

Coppell 4-1 District 6-2 overall

Hebron 3-2 District 5-3 overall

MacArthur 2-3 District 4-4 overall

Marcus 2-3 District 4-4 overall

Nimitz 0-5 District 3-5 overall

Irving 0-5 District 0-8 overall

*-Clenched Playoff spot

Games this week 11/1 & 11/2:

Flower Mound at Coppell (the winner of this game is the likely District 6-6A champion)

Lewisville vs Hebron

Marcus vs MacArthur (loser is eliminated from the playoffs)

Irving vs Nimitz

Keeping up the Mojo!

District 6-6A recap

Flower Mound defeated Coppell  31-17 to clinch the District Championship! (Coppell clinched a playoff spot)

Lewisville stunned Hebron 27-21 to clinch a playoff spot (Hebron needs one more win to make the playoffs)

Marcus beat MacArthur 34-17 to keep their playoff hopes alive)

Nimitz beat Irving 31-21

Standings:

z-Flower Mound 6-0 District 7-2 overall

*-Lewisville 5-1 District  7-2 overall

*-Coppell 4-2 District 6-3 overall

Hebron 3-3 District 5-4 overall

Marcus 3-3 District 5-4 overall

MacArthur 2-4 District 4-5 overall

Nimitz 1-5 District 4-5 overall

Irving 0-6 District 0-9 overall

*-Clenched Playoff spot

z-Clenched District Championship

Week 10 games:

MacArthur at Flower Mound

Lewisville at Marcus (Battle for the Axe)

Irving at Hebron

Coppell at Nimitz

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in - Madison went undefeated in district (7-0) and finished the regular season 8-2. We won in the first round of the playoffs (35-7) with a near shutout, and now our win streak has been extended to 9 straight games. I’m excited for the second round of playoffs because I completely believe we can beat Lake Travis this year instead of getting blown out like the last two years. This has been an amazing season, and our team has come so far from the 0-10 season we had 3 years ago. Our seniors who went through that must be so proud of this team. Go football and go Mavericks. Kill it this weekend.

For anyone who wants to attend what looks to be a really good football game (and a band who is actually performing a show -albeit military marching- at halftime), the game is at 2:00 pm this Friday at New Braunfels (Cougar?) stadium.

Just checking in - Madison went undefeated in district (7-0) and finished the regular season 8-2. We won in the first round of the playoffs (35-7) with a near shutout, and now our win streak has been extended to 9 straight games. I’m excited for the second round of playoffs because I completely believe we can beat Lake Travis this year instead of getting blown out like the last two years. This has been an amazing season, and our team has come so far from the 0-10 season we had 3 years ago. Our seniors who went through that must be so proud of this team. Go football and go Mavericks. Kill it this weekend.

For anyone who wants to attend what looks to be a really good football game (and a band who is actually performing a show -albeit military marching- at halftime), the game is at 2:00 pm this Friday at New Braunfels (Cougar?) stadium.

Man, I would love to go to this game! Might have to make it happen.

Well this is something I did not know. Evidently there is a UIL rule saying that no company or network is allowed to broadcast live video of a regular season Friday night football game in Texas. I have often watched Thursday night games on a local Austin tv station and wondered why Friday night games weren’t televised. Now I know. But WHY did UIL make this rule?

Best of Luck Madison!

TWHS is still in the second round. We play this Friday 4:00 at woodforest stadium. The band will just be doing their fun songs and accompanying the highland girls dance team for a halftime show.

And I didn’t mean to repeat what was posted above- didn’t realize I hadn’t gotten to the end of posts on the thread since I’m reading on my phone.

Well this is something I did not know. Evidently there is a UIL rule saying that no company or network is allowed to broadcast live video of a regular season Friday night football game in Texas. I have often watched Thursday night games on a local Austin tv station and wondered why Friday night games weren’t televised. Now I know. But WHY did UIL make this rule?

FYI

The Woodlands Round 2 playoff game on Fri. IHSFAN will provide a LIVE FREE Webcast of @RRCRFootball vs. @TWHSCISD

Click this link Fri. at 3:45

https://www.meridix.com/live.php?liveid=RPMRadioTX

Courtesy of Cedar Ridge Raiders Football