BOA St Louis 2018

Dripping's group includes University HS, Il, Francis Hoell North HS, MO; Grain Valley HS, MO; Lake Park HS,Il; Bellvue East HS, NE; Fort Zumwalt North HS, MO; Rockwood Summet HS, MO; Kickapoo HS, MO; Bellveue West HS, NE; Olathe North HS, KS; and  O'Fallon Township HS, IL. What might any of you know about these programs?

Still not quite clear on the way bands advance. Is it the top band from each set, or top 5 from all the even and top five from all the odd, then the next 4 overall. Given that there are 3 #2 and 4 # 1, I'm guessing it is the latter. With so many bands over 2 days, it must be difficult to maintain the same standard.

Dripping Spring would likely be fighting with Grain Valley, Rockwood Summit, Fort Zumwalt North, and Bellvue West for the three guaranteed spots. Its fortunate that all of them are in the same block, so the judges will be able to compare them all close together. They should be able to make it into finals.

Hi - I'm Weiss sophomore dad (and my oldest finished 4 years at Hendrickson last year). We're making the trip to STL.

Looking forward to HornRank predictions and hoping to get a prediction page going on txbands (I submitted the info today).

I'm not loving the panel we're up against. Not that the other one would be any easier... 

For the record, Tom Glenn is in their 3rd year and now has seniors. Weiss is in their second year and only has up through juniors. Both schools are 5A (Weiss based on project enrollment with seniors).

In case anyone else finds it useful, I'm attaching my BOA STL notes spreadsheet. On there, I've noted the A-class of each band I could find, along with the two adjudication panels and finalists from the last three years (the new BOA finals selection method says the two panels should balance finalists from the last three years) (FYI, all the finalists from 2015 were also finalists in 2016 and/or 2017). I've also left room for HR & txb predictions. If I get those in time to add them, I'll post an update.

Let me know if you can help me fill in any missing info or make any corrections! 

Haha did anyone hear the announcer almost give a chortle when he read that Lafayette has been the Louisiana state marching champion for the last 15 consecutive years? I knew they had a long history of success, but that is incredible!

I think he was just having difficulty saying Louisiana! They were actually Grand National Finalists in 2011.

Way to go Weiss! I must admit that in Austin, I didnt find their show as compelling but I thought that was a superb performance. It was so clean and their sound was so rich and clear. They are going to be scary good in the coming years.

Agreed, the improvement from Austin was substantial. Night and day difference.