2018 6A State

Okay, so I looked at ticket master for tickets and does anyone know of a way to get tickets cheaper than ticket master provides them? I just want to get around all of the fees is all so if you know, please do tell!

Purchase on site! Seats for State contest are all General Admission.

Okay, so I looked at ticket master for tickets and does anyone know of a way to get tickets cheaper than ticket master provides them? I just want to get around all of the fees is all so if you know, please do tell!

Purchase on site! Seats for State contest are all General Admission.

At least some of the fees will still apply at the gate. The Alamodome is gonna get their facilities/event fees come help or high water.

At least some of the fees will still apply at the gate. The Alamodome is gonna get their facilities/event fees come help or high water.

Sadly, if you just want to go to finals.  You can usually buy a finals pass from a parent that their band didn't make finals.  One year I remember people were just giving them away.  It really tears at your soul seeing that.

I don't get the Round Rock love.  Don't get me wrong, it's good.  I just don't think its that good.  The them isn't cohesive compared to Cedar Ridge or Hendrickson. 

Not sure if anyone remembers Cedar Ridge 2016, but Round Rock reminds me of that. It's just far too abstract. I like the show and the music is good, but it's a little hard to understand.

I don't get the Round Rock love.  Don't get me wrong, it's good.  I just don't think its that good.  The them isn't cohesive compared to Cedar Ridge or Hendrickson. 

I saw all three of them Saturday at Region UIL and Round Rock had the overall better performance of the group. Going forward, who knows.

I felt opposite about it. Hendrickson's show was more light-hearted and generally more applicable to me (personally) than RR's. And Hendrickson had the most "UIL" sound that I had heard that evening. RR's ballad was beautiful though and their low brass was killer.

I was speaking more of which programs would likely score higher, not liking or enjoying.

Fun fact about people still wondering about the timing rules:

in 2014, CTJ had a 9ish minute long show with their "Fly to Paradise" preshow. For prelims, they had to skip that section completely, and instead started with their Symphonic Metamorphosis variation thing. In finals, since it's not timed, they were able to field the Fly to Paradise section which added a significant chunk onto the show. 

Totally forgot about that one... they just started after the hit where they're near the cube, right?

that's correct.  I hated it not being in there because it was such a huge hit and the colorguard part was so beautiful there with those massive red flags, but it was unavoidable.  Our show was a monster that year since we were taking it to GN, so it had to be cut down considerably for UIL.  

Fun fact about people still wondering about the timing rules:

in 2014, CTJ had a 9ish minute long show with their "Fly to Paradise" preshow. For prelims, they had to skip that section completely, and instead started with their Symphonic Metamorphosis variation thing. In finals, since it's not timed, they were able to field the Fly to Paradise section which added a significant chunk onto the show. 

and they took the UIL bronze that year

This is to all the RRHS band students who read this forum:

Yes, I am a parent of the RRHS Dragon Band and I have something to say to the students who read this forum:    Do NOT let these people get into your head.  I’m pretty sure NONE have been a contest judge therefore are just giving their “opinion” or “negative comments”.  They clearly  have not seen the incredible improvement that occurs with each practice nor have the seen the full show with ALL the props intended.  Are they able to  hear the amazing musical BALANCE that occurs during your performance and NOT just how loud you can play?  Have they noticed that your marching lines and formations are near perfect? The show is about 10% of what should matter- the music and marching is what you are being judged on - You ARE an amazing Marching Band and you do it well!   NO ONE can tell you your destiny, you get to decide and prove that.  

You know how far you have come from your first march.  You know what you can do.  You have done it before and you will do it again.  This is your time to do what you have been working for.   Make this your moment.   Prove to the "naysayers"  to not be so quick to judge.  

You HEARD what the judges at Region UIL  said – That is what you listen to - keep that in your head. Work from that – Improve from that. You CAN and WILL do this.  

We BELIEVE in you and nothing anyone says will take away that belief and support.   Believe in yourself and bring that to the field.     

I've been hoping a Round Rock parent would come in here and say something!  I don't totally agree that the kiddos shouldn't be a part of the forum, but I 100% agree that Round Rock has been a bit denigrated this season and they don't deserve that.  So has FloMo, CTJ, Haltom and Marcus.  Oh and Bell.  (I'm sure I am missing a few; I apologize to those I missed who have felt that same way this season).  It's actually been a rough season all around in many many ways..  More so than usual.  I'm just anxious to see everyone at BOA San Antonio and at UIL because I honestly think none of us has even the smallest CLUE as to who is going to medal at either of these events this year.  I think there are going to be major surprizes all around!  (And I sincerely hope that Round Rock is one of those surprizes).  

EDIT:  Actually you didn't say that the band kids shouldn't be on the forum.  My bad!