• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 MarktheTrumpet

MarktheTrumpet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

With 5A area happening this weekend, a lot of us are ready to make our predictions. I know most if not all of the Area schedules have been released by UIL. When will we be able to make predictions?

Also, when will all of the past contests have the finals results posted? There are a couple of contests from the past few weeks that I still have no idea what the results were.

Love the site, thanks for all that you guys do.

#2 Clarinot

Clarinot

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Working on getting all the area contests added right now. They should be up within the hour.

We input scores with what we can find (some contests take more work). I'll look through everything this evening and see what can be entered.

#3 Clarinot

Clarinot

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

All set on the area contests!

#4 trombone18

trombone18

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:37 AM

Working on getting all the area contests added right now. They should be up within the hour.

We input scores with what we can find (some contests take more work). I'll look through everything this evening and see what can be entered.

Will there be any Area predictions this year?

#5 Bandmanio

Bandmanio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

State Predictions?

#6 azn

azn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Marching Band World

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:29 AM

State Predictions are up! I will get up Area Results up on the Score Archives for those that have placed results up on their website

Name: Grayson

Instruments: Soprano Bb Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Oboe in Training

Twitter: aznclairnetkid, aznclarinetkid, graysontong

Major: Audio Engineering, Something in Music, and Electronic Engineering.

L.V. Berkner High School Mighty Ram Band - Class of 2016

*Favorite* 2010 - The Web We Weave My Sister was on Front Ensemble! 3rd in BOA Arlington Regionals, 5th in BOA Super Regionals San Antonio, 8th in UIL 5A State Finals Marching Band Contest

2012 - H2O: A Water Journey First Generation Tech Crew Members aka. People on the Light Boards! Only Year ever used a full blown cloth named "big blue" My Sister was on Front Ensemble and a Senior! 9th in UIL 5A State Finals Marching Band Contest

2013 - The Colours of Sound 5th in BOA Allen Regionals, 1st place champions in finals with Percussion, Music, G.E., and Best In Class Award in prelims at the Centennial Marching Festival.

2014 - You are Here! P.S. I am the Soundmixer guy. #ElectronicCrewThugLyfe 10th in BOA Denton Regionals, UIL 6A State Marching Band contest

2015 - From the Roots  I marched the Bass Clarinet The demise of the Berkner Band continuing off from last year... One day! The Legacy left behind by all of these alumni will pull some sense through! We were supposed to compete at the 2015 Duncanville Marching Invitationals but it got threatened with severe weather that never happened. xD

Richland College - Class of 2018 or 2019 or 2020

Member of the Wind Symphony.

Instruments: Soprano Bb Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, and Oboe in Training

Future Member of the Texas State Guard

#7 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:45 AM

Will there be predictions for the various regional this year such as the mcallen regional?

#8 Xenon

Xenon

LUNCH!!!

• Administrators
  • 4,911 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

Yes. We will get the predictions page going this weekend.

#9 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

Yes. We will get the predictions page going this weekend.

Thank you sir!

#10 takigan

takigan

ユーフォ?

• Administrators
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationCypress, Tx

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:10 AM

It's generally better to wait till as close to the actual competition as possible while still giving enough time for people to get their predictions in. Obviously bands will still pull out at the last second which will mess submissions up.  Generally a week before contest is best because by then pretty much everything is finalized and bands will only pull out for emergencies

....though we have left contests like BOA San Antonio up like a month in advance in the past.

Brandon Quam - TxB Staff Writer

#11 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:43 AM

It's generally better to wait till as close to the actual competition as possible while still giving enough time for people to get their predictions in. Obviously bands will still pull out at the last second which will mess submissions up. Generally a week before contest is best because by then pretty much everything is finalized and bands will only pull out for emergencies

....though we have left contests like BOA San Antonio up like a month in advance in the past.

Yeah generally attending bands at BOA SA probably won't pull out. That's like the nationals for bands who can't go to nationals.

#12 Xenon

Xenon

LUNCH!!!

• Administrators
  • 4,911 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:50 AM

Predictions are up for the first 2 weeks of the season!

#13 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:02 AM

thank you! My predictions for the Austin regional is already up.

#14 Xenon

Xenon

LUNCH!!!

• Administrators
  • 4,911 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:13 PM

More contests have been added. If you have contests you want added, be sure to submit them on the predictions page!

#15 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:16 AM

Are y'all going to update the user rankings as well, or is that at the end of the season?

#16 Xenon

Xenon

LUNCH!!!

• Administrators
  • 4,911 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

I will check into that. Thanks for pointing it out.

#17 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

No problem

#18 Clarinot

Clarinot

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:10 PM

My bad on the rankings not being updated. I cleared out the scores from 2016, so now what you see should just include BOA Austin scores (and anything thereafter)

#19 LostChoirGuy

LostChoirGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationProvo, Utah

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:10 AM

Who submits the results for the predictions contest?

Edit: I ask because it is still possible to submit predictions for the Friendswood competition even though it happened on Saturday and none of this weekends results are posted yet.

#20 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:26 AM

Hey can y'all add the Atlanta super regional and SA super regional? And please update the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users