UIL 6A Area B 2023

Good to hear there will (assuming Crowley gets added on the schedule??) be 7 spots for state. Even then, that means that only one of these schools that are strong enough to make State in almost any other area of the state will make it in to Area B: Southlake Carroll, Martin, Lake Highlands, Berkner, Haltom, Lake Ridge, Mansfield, Highland Park, Pearce, Duncanville, etc.... (apologies if I left anyone off)

4 hours ago, Starwar said:

My (top 6) Predictions -

1. LD Bell - Strong chance of medaling at state

2. Timber Creek - Can definitely see them top half of state! Happy with their progress.

3. Keller - Very strong visual this year, music could be a tad better but definitely a finalist contender.

4. Keller Central - Very strong sound, and good marching, finalist contender for sure.

5. Southlake Carrol - One of the most consistent in Texas, very good band.

6. Coppell - Honestly kinda struggling this year, wish they would do better.

Southlake Carroll is definitely not one of the most consistent bands in texas😭. but i agree they fs making state

10 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

Idk, maybe Crowley decided to opt out, but I'm pretty sure it's not about how many varsity bands "attend the contest" but rather about how many "qualified". So idk, but I really hope we will still send 7 bands to state.

There was a previous contest, where a few DNA's were listed on the score sheets.

11 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

Idk, maybe Crowley decided to opt out, but I'm pretty sure it's not about how many varsity bands "attend the contest" but rather about how many "qualified". So idk, but I really hope we will still send 7 bands to state.

23 minutes ago, Jacob2017 said:

There was a previous contest, where a few DNA's were listed on the score sheets.

I found a post that said That Crowley did get all 1's and advanced to Area. And it said in the post that they will see everyone at Area, so they should be on the official schedule

12 hours ago, BandGuy88 said:

Good to hear there will (assuming Crowley gets added on the schedule??) be 7 spots for state. Even then, that means that only one of these schools that are strong enough to make State in almost any other area of the state will make it in to Area B: Southlake Carroll, Martin, Lake Highlands, Berkner, Haltom, Lake Ridge, Mansfield, Highland Park, Pearce, Duncanville, etc.... (apologies if I left anyone off)

Lake Highlands has an enjoyable show this year in my opinion, but I don't know how much it's geared toward BOA and general effect as opposed to the cleanliness that is more desirable at state. Berkner sounded good when I heard them last, so I completely agree with that! Highland Park I think could pull through. Their show was pretty lack-luster last season, but I like the show a lot more this season. With a little bit more cleanliness musically, they could be a contender for the last spot in state maybe as well for sure. 

56 minutes ago, AnotherBandKid said:

Lake Highlands has an enjoyable show this year in my opinion, but I don't know how much it's geared toward BOA and general effect as opposed to the cleanliness that is more desirable at state. Berkner sounded good when I heard them last, so I completely agree with that! Highland Park I think could pull through. Their show was pretty lack-luster last season, but I like the show a lot more this season. With a little bit more cleanliness musically, they could be a contender for the last spot in state maybe as well for sure. 

I don't know about Highlands and Highland Park. Seeing how low their visual and music scores were at BOA, they've both still got a lot of work to do. Both are more "fun" shows than super competitive shows, at least in my opinion, but neither are super hard shows, especially Highland Park, so while I do see them both possibly making finals,  I struggle to see either of them making state unless they have cleaned up like cray. 

Does anyone know what the finals draw is? Interested in what that order may potentially look like. I know the performance order really shouldn’t matter, but I think it really does—otherwise, BOA wouldn’t have the top-half/bottom-half draw. Finals will be going very late, and results could potentially come after midnight.

15 minutes ago, Starwar said:

Yes they are? Why do you think they aren’t?

They haven't been a powerhouse like they are now until Post-Covid Before that, making Area finals was a struggle for them on their own, but since 2021 yes, I would say they've been moderately consistent with making finals at the comps they attend. 

16 minutes ago, Starwar said:

Maybe, I could see them falling to 7th or 8th, but probably going to make state I guess

And this 100% will not happen lol. Coppell is another band much like SLC, who was really good pre-covid, but came back Extremely strong, winning area both in 2021 and 2022. I'm curious as to why you have them so low, as they are definitely the favorite to win area again after placing 4th at BOA Dfw 

I was wondering who made the predictions page for this contest because there's a few bands missing in this such ad Grand Prairie, MacArthur, Nimitz, North Crowley, and Richardson. Yeah ik these bands probably won't make finals, but it would still be cool to see where they stand in the aggregate predictions.

1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

They haven't been a powerhouse like they are now until Post-Covid Before that, making Area finals was a struggle for them on their own, but since 2021 yes, I would say they've been moderately consistent with making finals at the comps they attend. 

And this 100% will not happen lol. Coppell is another band much like SLC, who was really good pre-covid, but came back Extremely strong, winning area both in 2021 and 2022. I'm curious as to why you have them so low, as they are definitely the favorite to win area again after placing 4th at BOA Dfw 

im assuming this guy is trolling lolz

10 minutes ago, Asaiah said:

Here's what I got (was gonna post them in alphabetical order, but that's not as fun):

1. Coppell

2. LD Bell

3. Timber Creek

4. Keller Central

5. Keller

6. Waxahachie

7. Southlake Carroll

I think these 7 bands are all locked in for state, but probably not in this exact order.

I agree with this👍