UIL 4A State Marching Contest 2023 (November 1)

Dave609

7 hours ago, bsk said:

China Spring looked very good at Area. In prelims they got 5/1/2/2/3. Everyone else had at least one 9 or higher. In finals they got 1/1/1/5/1. They certainly deserved to win Area D.

coming from someone who was also competing in area d, they did deserve to win.

4 hours ago, Corno-EnFa said:

@Liam Allen

I am the lead Mello/horn soloist for CS. Thank you for supporting us through the years. Hope everyone has their best run yet at State!

Hey man!  It’s been awesome to see you killing it every week.  If I get my way there may be another solo for you next year but I won’t hold my breath on that

I swear I say it every year, but don't brush past Lumberton. They sound and look better than in the years prior. Yes, they did finish 6th in Area Prelims to then finish 4th in Area Finals (3rd year in a row for that), however I fully believe that their show, Beethoven's Secrets is peaking at State rather than at Area. Also, at the 2/3 competitions Lumberton attended in the season that had prelims/finals format, Lumberton has done well in Prelims to then do awesome in Finals. 3rd time is a charm and that will be at State. Beethoven is working his magic right now, and soon everyone will witness his reincarnation on Wednesday November 1st, at 10am. 

19 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

I swear I say it every year, but don't brush past Lumberton. They sound and look better than in the years prior. Yes, they did finish 6th in Area Prelims to then finish 4th in Area Finals (3rd year in a row for that), however I fully believe that their show, Beethoven's Secrets is peaking at State rather than at Area. Also, at the 2/3 competitions Lumberton attended in the season that had prelims/finals format, Lumberton has done well in Prelims to then do awesome in Finals. 3rd time is a charm and that will be at State. Beethoven is working his magic right now, and soon everyone will witness his reincarnation on Wednesday November 1st, at 10am. 

There is lots of bands who do this, don't ever count anyone out, I know that canton got 4th at area in prelims and finals, and historically they are state medalists, or close to it