UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

Just now, Tubalord11 said:

Amazing performance from Vandergrift! I will admit, after seeing all these other bands, I felt desiring more from the musically, and I ultimately think Hebron will take them, at least tonight. Both were clean, but Hebron's show is just on a completely different level, drill was very clean but some stick outs in the big curvilinear forms, but I think they will still medal. Just so clean all around, great job Viper Band! 

I agree, but is it bad I kinda don’t like Hebron’s show this year? I’m used to the more exciting, action pact shows, but I will say it’s above average in terms of shows; just not their best. However, in terms of cleanliness, Hebron definitely wins in that, but I just am secretly rooting for Vandy since I know they were an unexpected victor last year.

1 minute ago, BandFan50 said:

This run felt a bit dirty but I can't wait to see them tomorrow in finals!

Yeah I agree, I personally have Hebron and Marcus above them (yes I'm crazy, don't care), but I think they have a much better run in them, but if Hebron pulls off the type of performance they had today, I don't see them getting passed, just my personal opinion but anything could happen here

1 minute ago, Tubalord11 said:

I didn't see this...... 

I did.  The member she ran into wasn’t too happy with it.  Really bad to get that on camera but recovered fast enough that I couldn’t see anything after the camera moved away.  Well done by Vandy, especially the last statement of Bon Iver by the mellophones.  Love that!

Just now, Dave609 said:

I'm a Chiefs fan :). We lost but it didn't bother me

I root for Chiefs as well, but I’m a primarily Cowboys fan (my aunt was a chiefs fan before she passed two years ago, she was from Kansas City, and we did the chant at her funeral because it’s what she wanted).

Just now, LostChoirGuy said:

Vandegrift to me was a top half of finals performance but not a lock for a medal.  Of the ones I saw, I could see Hebron, Vista Ridge, Marcus, The Woodlands, and maybe even Flower Mound on top of them and I missed the first half of the day.

Yeah, I could see this happening, for them it really depends on how the judges feel, because there's a ton of controversy around their show design this year among the fans, but they did win TMC and Area, but again against other Austin area bands, but should be top half, medaling isn't guaranteed, at least for me

3 minutes ago, Saxplayer6 said:

Just saw vandy and maybe it’s because my seats weren’t great I was a little disappointed. Their music was amazing, but they had some visual dirt I wasn’t expecting. Though tbf their drill is insanely hard. Looking forward to seeing them with better seats tomorrow though!

Interesting so many people feel left wanting more out of their performance this year. Ngl I been feeling the same since last year. Their shows lately just don’t feel as personal anymore. Maybe it’s due to their increasing size 

I unfortunately missed the visual part of DS but from what I heard they did very well, hoping they can slip into finals at GN's and maybe even here. I'm now going to compose my predictions/tier list. I didn't get to watch some of these bands but am going off of what ya'll said about them, will post it after making my list.