2023 BOA Katy (Oct. 7)

LeanderMomma

Finals this year are gonna be tough. I'm looking forward to watching Cy Fair's show again. It was wonderful at BOA Conroe this past Saturday and they're definitely going to make finals at this competition. Other bands I can see making finals are Pearland (performing at 8:30 am), Cy Woods (performing at 10:15 am), Woodlands (performing at 11:00 am), Friendswood (performing at 11:30 am), Bridgeland (performing at 1:00 pm), Seven Lakes (performing at 1:15 pm), and Claudia Taylor Johnson (performing at 1:30 pm), and possibly Cinco Ranch too (performing at 3:45 pm). I can't wait to see what the results will be! I'm excited for the competition this Saturday! I wish good luck to all the bands performing and can't wait to see what everyone has been working on.

14 hours ago, packwick said:

nope!! and there won't be either. y'all can wait 2 whole days and form your own opinion.

forget to mention, about 7 mins 30 secs on the field w/ a bit of a park and bark w/ no visual at the end. prob not their complete show.

The link to last Friday's performance was posted on the "Early season videos" thread.  You have to scroll to the end since they played after the homecoming game.

2 hours ago, BravoBand said:

The link to last Friday's performance was posted on the "Early season videos" thread.  You have to scroll to the end since they played after the homecoming game.

there's a post-rehearsal parent exhibition performance vid from yesterday from upstairs w/o muffled audio. but it's..... hidden. lol.

Just watched bridgelands football game run:

opener and ballad on the field, looks like some new opener choreo. High GE for sure but still mega dirty. I have faith in them that they’ll clean it up. I didn’t have the qualms musically that I thought I would have given others’ comments about them. Love their show though! 

1 hour ago, ChristopherRoden said:

Just watched bridgelands football game run:

opener and ballad on the field, looks like some new opener choreo. High GE for sure but still mega dirty. I have faith in them that they’ll clean it up. I didn’t have the qualms musically that I thought I would have given others’ comments about them. Love their show though! 

i don't think they've started at the actual beginning of their show at a football game in several weeks. looking forward to finally hearing it. really like what i see.

39 minutes ago, ChristopherRoden said:

There have been some scheduling adjustments it looks like!

image.thumb.png.5bf17e6b972ec316fbb31150d004e8e9.png

ugh they moved Reagan later, dammit. i kinda wanted to see them side by side w/ Bridgeland and wanted to leave after CTJ, if i end up going.

vast majority of your finalists here are gonna come from that Pearland through Reagan middle section.

31 minutes ago, BandLOL said:

it’s sad to hear some of these bands that got screwed over by the rain this week, could lead to some surprising rankings/finalists

Definitely, Houston always gets late afternoon storms versus Dallas’ typical late evening storms. I’m not sure about Austin/San Antonio area weather patterns. 

ctj from their game tonight, only did the first two movements. it's very... pink!!! lol. bird sounds after the opener are amusing, music in 2nd part is super fun, very, like, effervescent. can't tell what the tarp is, prob some sort of flamingo.

https://fan.hudl.com/usa/texas/san-antonio/organization/7976/johnson-high-school

Pearland was fantastic!!! Very strong Cartwright vibes obviously. Those flute solos feel right out of a Broken Arrow show. They should easily make Nats finals with this show I think. Definitely some cleaning to do visually, but the whole show is out there. Might medal tonight 👀 who knows…depends on how clean everyone else is though