2023 BOA Prosper (Oct. 14)

LeanderMomma

1 hour ago, bancl said:

Keller had a parent meeting Friday night, and it sounds like their motivation for going to Prosper instead of Bedford has to do with the fall break that KISD is doing next year and wanting to give their students and parents a few days off.  It will be interesting to see if having 4-5 days of no rehearsal hurts them or having 4-5 days of rest and recharge gives them an edge.

I think personally, considering the strength and depth of this program, it will be beneficial. When students get time off of an activity, especially for a scheduled like Kellers this season, that takes so much of their time, they will come back rested and ready to come to this comp and possibly walk away with their first regional championship, which honestly, I’m hoping the get, because they are so due.

• 2 months later...

Confirmed Bands as of 7/13/23

Azle H.S., TX
Berkner H.S., TX
Creekview H.S., TX
Duncanville H.S., TX
Forney H.S., TX
Fossil Ridge H.S., TX
Glenn H.S., TX
Grapevine H.S., TX
Highland Park H.S., TX
Keller Central H.S., TX
Keller H.S., TX
L.D. Bell H.S., TX
Lake Highlands H.S., TX
Lake Ridge H.S., TX
McKinney Boyd H.S., TX
McKinney H.S., TX
McKinney North H.S., TX
Midlothian H.S., TX
Mustang H.S., OK
Poteet H.S., TX
Prosper H.S., TX
Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
Rock Hill H.S., TX
Rockwall H.S., TX
Sachse H.S., TX
Southlake Carroll H.S., TX
Timber Creek H.S., TX
Wakeland H.S., TX
Walnut Grove H.S., TX
Waxahachie H.S., TX
Whitesboro H.S., TX

20 minutes ago, bancl said:

Confirmed Bands as of 7/13/23

Azle H.S., TX
Berkner H.S., TX
Creekview H.S., TX
Duncanville H.S., TX
Forney H.S., TX
Fossil Ridge H.S., TX
Glenn H.S., TX
Grapevine H.S., TX
Highland Park H.S., TX
Keller Central H.S., TX
Keller H.S., TX
L.D. Bell H.S., TX
Lake Highlands H.S., TX
Lake Ridge H.S., TX
McKinney Boyd H.S., TX
McKinney H.S., TX
McKinney North H.S., TX
Midlothian H.S., TX
Mustang H.S., OK
Poteet H.S., TX
Prosper H.S., TX
Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
Rock Hill H.S., TX
Rockwall H.S., TX
Sachse H.S., TX
Southlake Carroll H.S., TX
Timber Creek H.S., TX
Wakeland H.S., TX
Walnut Grove H.S., TX
Waxahachie H.S., TX
Whitesboro H.S., TX

This has to be one of if not the most stacked/ competitive boa regional of all time! Getting into finals, especially the bottom 6 groups, is going to be a BLOODBATH!!! I’m beyond excited to be able able go to this comp as unfortunately my plans of going to dfw each year won’t be happening due to other band conflicts, but I’m honestly probably more excited for this then any other regional. So many bands that deserve to be in finals that won’t be, but it’s going to be an amazing day of Texas( and Oklahoma 🥳) marching band. 

side note, does anyone know if Tom Glenn is now coming here over TMC, or have they just not been removed from the list?

4 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

This has to be one of if not the most stacked/ competitive boa regional of all time! Getting into finals, especially the bottom 6 groups, is going to be a BLOODBATH!!! I’m beyond excited to be able able go to this comp as unfortunately my plans of going to dfw each year won’t be happening due to other band conflicts, but I’m honestly probably more excited for this then any other regional. So many bands that deserve to be in finals that won’t be, but it’s going to be an amazing day of Texas( and Oklahoma 🥳) marching band. 

side note, does anyone know if Tom Glenn is now coming here over TMC, or have they just not been removed from the list?

I think that BOA DFW and BOA Austin might disagree with you on this one.  In terms of parity among the participants there are a LOT of bands that could make finals, but this is likely a two-horse race for the title between Wakeland and Keller.  Ironically, both have new directors.  I'll be interested to see which of them adapts to their new staff the fastest.

2 hours ago, bancl said:

I think that BOA DFW and BOA Austin might disagree with you on this one.  In terms of parity among the participants there are a LOT of bands that could make finals, but this is likely a two-horse race for the title between Wakeland and Keller.  Ironically, both have new directors.  I'll be interested to see which of them adapts to their new staff the fastest.

Yeah first place is definitely between Keller and Wakeland fr, unless LD. Bell does something unexpected. And I do agree that the top tier bands at dfw/Austin are better than the top 6 or groups here, but, imo at least, getting into finals is going to be harder here than the other 2. Both DFW and Austin, it’s pretty easy, even now, to say who’s going to make finals, with really the first 5 or so groups out of both having somewhat of a realistic chance of finals, while they are going to be at least 10 bands here they are finals worthy that won’t make it simply bc of many bands are going. 

16 minutes ago, Rubisco said:

Has Duncanville been going to this one recently? I still get excited every time I see their name on a BOA list!

This is the 2nd time that this event has been held, so no, but it’s only been since 2019 since they’ve last done boa, so not to much time off from BOA, and their show this year, Tag Team, looks very good, and I’m really excited to see them here

11 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

This is the 2nd time that this event has been held, so no, but it’s only been since 2019 since they’ve last done boa, so not to much time off from BOA, and their show this year, Tag Team, looks very good, and I’m really excited to see them here

Hoping they can start translating their UIL success/consistency onto the BOA stage as well. If TagTeam is as fun and cohesively designed as Downtown was (if not better), I think they have a good shot at making a statement here.

17 minutes ago, CosmicLimbo said:

Hoping they can start translating their UIL success/consistency onto the BOA stage as well. If TagTeam is as fun and cohesively designed as Downtown was (if not better), I think they have a good shot at making a statement here.

I completely agree! I think they might be the band I’m most excited to see here. The show concept seems so cool and intriguing, and like you said, if it’s designed how last years show was, they could do some serious damage here! 

1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

I don’t know if it’s 100% confirmed, by my alma mater, Lovejoy HS, had this event listed on their calendar! I hope it’s true because I was planning on coming here anyways, and they could take that AA championship and perform in exhibition for finals! 

Edit: it’s confirmed Lovejoy is coming here. 

Well, so it looks like this BOA regional is full because there is now 32 bands registered.

On 4/21/2023 at 3:24 PM, LeanderMomma said:

Evidently Rock Hill is planning to attend this one but since it’s also their UIL Region performance day, they are opting only to do prelims. 

Prosper schools with UIL region will be attending both fully, they have  early boa prelims times, then go to Little Elm for region, and return for finals

18 minutes ago, bandbronco99 said:

Prosper schools with UIL region will be attending both fully, they have  early boa prelims times, then go to Little Elm for region, and return for finals

YAY! If Rockhill makes finals here, I'd really and happy I'll get to see them again. I LOVED their show from last year, and I can't wait to see what they bring to the field this season! 

Lovejoy is officially on the participation list. With that being said, here are my early predictions for this comp! I think Bell is going to have a really strong season, but we’ll see how they do at dfw. I’m keeping Mustang off for now as it’s been said they won’t be attending this comp anymore and only Midland, but I’ll change my preds if needed when the schedule is released. Will do another set sometime the week of, but I think it will look something like this: 

1st: Keller(music/GE)

2nd: L.D. Bell(visual) 

3rd: Wakeland 

4th: Waxahachie 

5th: Timber Creek

6th: Prosper 

7th: Southlake Carroll

8th: Robert E Hendrickson 

9th: Duncanville 

10th: Rock Hill

11th: Forney 

12th: Keller Central 

A champion: Whitesboro(caption sweep) 

AA champion: Lovejoy(caption sweep) 

2nd: Grapevine 

3rd: Poteet 

AAA champion: Wakeland(caption sweep) 

2nd: Forney 

3rd: Mckinney North 

AAAA champion: Keller(music/GE) 

2nd: L.D. Bell(visual) 

3rd: Waxahachie

This comp is beyond stacked, and many bands who “deserve finals” won’t make it, hopefully there’s some shakeup, but it will be one for the books, that’s for sure! I could easily see many other bands taking 10th-12th, just basing these off the end of last season. It’s gonna be a heck of a battle to get into finals, and this is probably the comp I’m looking forward to the most. 

1st: L.D. Bell (GE)

2nd: Wakeland (Music) 

3rd: Keller (Visual)

6th: Robert E Hendrickson

8th: McKinney Boyd

9th: Prosper

10th: Timber Creek

11th: McKinney North

12th: Duncanville  

A champion: Whitesboro(All captions) 

AA champion: Lovejoy(All captions)

AAA champion: Wakeland(All captions) 

2nd: McKinney North

3rd: Forney 

AAAA champion: L.D. Bell (GE/Music) 

2nd:  Keller (Visual)

9 hours ago, TrenBS said:

1st: L.D. Bell (GE)

2nd: Wakeland (Music) 

3rd: Keller (Visual)

6th: Robert E Hendrickson

8th: McKinney Boyd

9th: Prosper

10th: Timber Creek

11th: McKinney North

12th: Duncanville  

A champion: Whitesboro(All captions) 

AA champion: Lovejoy(All captions)

AAA champion: Wakeland(All captions) 

2nd: McKinney North

3rd: Forney 

AAAA champion: L.D. Bell (GE/Music) 

2nd:  Keller (Visual)

These are some bold predictions haha. I personally don’t see Bell at the top, but I will say they are likely to be in the top 3-4. I do agree they will have a stronger season compared to recent years.

4 minutes ago, balumni2023 said:

These are some bold predictions haha. I personally don’t see Bell at the top, but I will say they are likely to be in the top 3-4. I do agree they will have a stronger season compared to recent years.

I agree. I also don’t see Wylie East nor Forney not making finals behind McKinney North or Boyd, or Keller Central or Rockhill, but anything could happen here