2023 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (Nov. 3 & 4)

LeanderMomma

9 minutes ago, northtexasbandfan said:

In a year when several north Texas programs skipped the event, we still see 3 programs in finals and 2 more as class champions. Way to represent!

We know Coppell, Hebron, Flower Mound, and Keller would’ve made these judges’ jobs infinitely harder I’m sure👀👀

Couldn't post immediately because the forum got overloaded but dang I feel so bad for Cedar Ridge and Westwood, I did not expect them to be out...And I feel even worse for Bowie because now they probably don't have a chance at Grand Nats finals.

Very interested to see those prelims recap and see where everyone else ended up.

But super happy for Leander and LD Bell! Great way to make a statement after not being in finals last year.

Just now, ChristopherRoden said:

true true!! Very glad!! I love their ending so much

All in all, with each judge playing an impactful role in giving a ranking, not just a score at UIL, the volatility of that probably gives more credence to the disadvantage of going early at UIL, it’s something I believe, and if you ask anybody, they would definitely rather go on later than very early on. 

1 minute ago, goombatrony said:

what do yall mean by TOP half BOTTOM half? And why does it matter? 

Top half is the top 7 scoring bands from prelims (1st-7th), bottom half is the next 7 (8th-14th). This determines performance order. Bottom half finalists perform first in random order then the Top half perform last in random order