As much as I can be biased towards Bell, I can probably grasp what will go down in finals.
This is looking to be yet again another cleanliness battle but this time bands are getting stronger than before.
1. Flower Mound (they're gonna have everything on the field and they're gonna bring it down. it being the villains in the superband lore. they will probably sweep)
2. Hebron (if you've seen hebron lately, it isn't clean also i don't think they'll have the full thing on the field by then. they'll probably be way cleaner than what i've seen before but has the potential to still beat marcus. if they actually clean, they'll dominate sa and state. i don't think they will be winning either just bc we have cedar freaking ridge and vandy bandy but this is an entirety different subject)
3. Marcus (marcus. i don't understand this show and never will. they sound and look fine but they PIVOT! i wouldn't think much about them dropping lower)
4. Keller (i've seen most of this show already. they will have the closer on the field which will help them a lot. lots of good ge moments like the bikes. also this show makes no sense to my head. it's either i'm too stupid or this show requires an sat score of 1600 to understand)
5. Coppell (they'll be fine. i personally think keller will be cleaner than coppell but it will definitely be close. i also don't understand what's going on during archetype. also the closer is gonna be scuffed. i believe they recently had a closer rewrite [not entirely] which sounds way better than the original but man i feel bad for beethoven.)
6. Wakeland (personally my biggest hot take. but here's the thing with them at heb. they had the whole show on the field for that. the only thing they can really do for dfw is just clean so we'll see how that holds up. heb and dfw judging are completely different. also their show isn't as hard as the other bands here)
7. Timber Creek (seeing this show so many times. a band i once considered my enemy is now one of my favorite bands so i may be a little biased. they look clean and sound clean. they can push sound for sure. the catch is that the show isn't very visually difficult compared to ld bell. musically however, they are playing some good stuff. they also have the full show on the field so it's cleaning time!)
8. L.D. Bell (visually pretty strong, musically not so much. typical bell! with vento replacing cartwright, i'm not sure exactly how the ge score will play out. this is definitely the 2nd best show i've seen from vento. bell has a lot to offer and looks pretty decent so far. the attitude there has definitely changed from what i remember in 2019. they will have A closer on a field which will definitely help out their scores. but hey i gotta be realistic here, all i can do is cope for bell making top half)
9. Southlake Carroll (idk anything about them so go cry about it. also nats show, 0 clue on how they are doing but still has the potential to beat l.d. bell)
10. Waxahachie (haven't seen or heard from them other than the music for the show. interesting take on debussy, goofy part 2, and yeah that's about all i can say. also waxahachie boa moment)
11. Aledo (seen them. they clean i guess. show is alright, not my time. it's aledo! they could do better than waxahachie, it's really in the air but i can sense that they'll be fine. show looks more interesting than lone star tbh)
12. Lone Star (music is alright. here's the only thing i can complain and whine about ls is that basically the entire band basically stays in front of the front hash/midfield. judging from what i've watched, i barely see them go further back so there's my grain of salt. also they cleanish?)
13. Highland Park (whine about it. first to go. they're done for. also, i think their show is mid but that's just me. go cry about it)
14. Rock Hill (idk! the other prosper! ppl putting them so high for what? it ain't no sit down stand up so that's all i can say)
15. Lebanon Trail (idk idc it's frisco isd go cry to your mother about them building so many schools)
16. James Martin (no more coping. i can't keep defending this program as much as i want to. they could actually place a lot lower but this is still coping.)
i personally think my finalists predictions will be close enough. could potentially switch last few finalists with the bubbles but who knows! we'll find out saturday.
once this week is over, we have rough overview of how the overall marching season will go.