2023 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (Nov. 3 & 4)

LeanderMomma

2 minutes ago, TheBombDotDiggityCom said:

How was Glenn? Wasn’t able to see it.

I thought they were great! They're not a very large band, but boy do they produce a huge sound! Their soloists and front ensemble were COOKING! Loved the varied heart-shape sets sprinkled throughout their show as well. Great job!

I was able to see Glenn! Great sounds coming from this band! They are still growing their tradition which all new groups have to overcome. Philip Gieger of westfield once told me that any band that wants to have a lasting legacy must have a tradition that you can see in their marching and hear in their playing. He used ronald reagan as an example which was his biggest competitor in 2000's. Glenn will no doubt follow in the footsteps of other Leander bands. There must be something in the water. 

19 minutes ago, Band2021 said:

I was able to see Glenn! Great sounds coming from this band! They are still growing their tradition which all new groups have to overcome. Philip Gieger of westfield once told me that any band that wants to have a lasting legacy must have a tradition that you can see in their marching and hear in their playing. He used ronald reagan as an example which was his biggest competitor in 2000's. Glenn will no doubt follow in the footsteps of other Leander bands. There must be something in the water. 

One challenge for Glenn right now is to grow their numbers. Glenn HS is #4 in enrollment in LISD now, ahead of Rouse and Cedar Park. Their numbers on the field don't reflect that yet.

Just now, symphbee said:

Cedar Ridge - fun show!

I know the show is “Medusa’s Secret World”, does anybody know why the bubble gum? Is that a reference to something?

I know the show is intended to be based on a younger, more carefree Medusa, and I think the bubblegum was just used because of it conveying some of those ideas, and to develop the overall color pallette of the show. 

Sound was a little harsh for Westlake, not sure if it was just the stream but they just sounded a little rougher than usual. A few stickouts and a few early players especially in the ballad. Not sure we'll see them in finals, but a lovely offering from them as always.

Loved the staging, design and theming though.

10 minutes ago, lost said:

Sound was a little harsh for Westlake, not sure if it was just the stream but they just sounded a little rougher than usual. A few stickouts and a few early players especially in the ballad. Not sure we'll see them in finals, but a lovely offering from them as always.

Loved the staging, design and theming though.

I thought they sounded pretty good live! Maybe playing a little on the hot side from the adrenaline? But overall solid.