2023 BOA Grand National Championships (Nov. 9-11)

josephbandfan

HELLO Darthmouth!!! Best percussion section here me think, and that guard male soloist was SOOO GOOD!!! Brass, while not a huge sound due to their size, played with such mature sounds a clear articulation, WW's were also really good, but I see why they've been having such a successful season, should sweep AA relatively easily IMO, that was really good, probably won't be to far out of finals if they don't get in, which won't be easy, a possibility, but we should see them in exhibition regardless, amazing job Dartmouth!! 

After Pearland’s musical struggles in their opener, I think one too many groups will have passed them for them to achieve top half of finals. I was a little surprised by some of the errors I heard, not very characteristic for them! Hopefully just semi-finals jitters. What a sound though! You can tell they are filling the whole volume of that dome with pure tone. I still feel fantastic about their ability to make finals. I know they have a better musical run in them! That post show was magical! Goodnight band 😴

WAY TO GO PEARLAND!!! Other than some musical discrepancies in the beginning of the show, which they tightened up, and maybe some mic issues, that was SO GOOD!!! Such a huge ensemble sound, guard and percussion are incredible, and the march so well, great visuals and usage of the props throughout the show, soloist also did great, amazing job Pearland, can't wait to see ya'll tonight! 

Just now, GeekBoy54 said:

Pearland's show was so gourgeous! I love that they used new moon in the old moon's arms, makes me think of Lawrence Central 2001. I'm so thrilled that Pearland has quickly grown into one of the premier groups in the country.

Team Texas did us proud! Hoping all 8 place well!

Loved their choice of music. As a bassoonist myself their bassoon trio put a smile on my face! I’m a sucker for high quality bassoon timbre lol

2 minutes ago, Origin said:

Brownsburg is an interesting one for me. Visually they are approaching a top half of finals level, but the music performance is not near that level, so I don’t know where they’ll end up. But based on how high they scored at the Indy SR, I would be shocked if they missed finals. 

100% Agree. Visually and GE, gonna be high up there but while they sounded good, it wasn't super demanding compared to many of the groups that are locks/potential finalist, but I'd imagine they will make finals. Regardless, great job Brownsburg! Loved the different "Pipe" variations in drill, soloist were very clean, and guard was very good, will most likely be seeing them again tonight! 

4 minutes ago, Origin said:

Brownsburg is an interesting one for me. Visually they are approaching a top half of finals level, but the music performance is not near that level, so I don’t know where they’ll end up. But based on how high they scored at the Indy SR, I would be shocked if they missed finals. 

Yes, this show had me a little confused. Some visual parts didn’t seem to complement the music very well. Nice color effects though.

5 minutes ago, Origin said:

musically i wasn't a big fan of them last yr either performance wise, but they still did very very well. liked the book, was kinda happy to hear what was pretty much tw's greatest hits w/ Uninvited and Amen etc lol.