2023 BOA Grand National Championships (Nov. 9-11)

josephbandfan

5 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

THE WOODLANDS, THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT!!!! I'm gonna go ahead and say them and Avon tie for visual, but they may take it simply because OF THAT OUT OF THIS WORLD GUARD!!! I think they could knock Carmel out of the top 3, but if they don't, they will be VERY close to getting 3rd, at least I'd hope. Musically, some stick outs, mainly in the low brass, but visually, perfect, and another band I see possibly taking the Eagle home, just need to clean up some musically tonight. But my goodness Woodlands, that was incredible! 

This run was a slight bit blemished compared to their prelims run - but still - top 2 or 3 IMO…   A visual tie would be accurate    👍🏼 

Overall, Keller’s effect is SO GOOD. Their ballad is jaw-droppingly gorgeous. A couple of musically exposed moments seemed to not go their way this afternoon, I’m worried how that may affect them, but the strength of that closer just moved me to tears, and I hope the judges too. That closer may be my favorite Mahler 2 rendition from a high school!

WAY TO GO BIG BLUE!!! Music is SO powerful, such rich and they play with such mature sounds! A couple uncharacteristic stickouts, but I think we will be seeing them again tonight, and if they don't make it, I'd be very shocked if they weren't the 1st out. GE has improved a ton over the season, that ending is just so so good, and visually they have cleaned up very nicely, amazing job Keller! 

Just now, Origin said:

A better visual run for Keller (yay fabric at the end working). Some small music issues that weren’t there yesterday, but still a great run. Didn’t even notice the drum major issues. 

Yeah I saw the podium on the far left with nobody on it and not the other two and was like what's going on down there lol, but year sounds like they forgot them, but didn't seem to be an issue 

HELLO WILLIAM MASON!!! Top 4 potential, for sure!!! Don't know over who, but I think design wise, best show here by a good amount! Pre/post-shows add so much! Guard was SO GOOD, those capes add some much color to the show, great ensemble sounds, staging was really good, I think they may surprise us tonight, can't wait to watch that again, amazing job William Mason!