6A UIL Area D 2022 Predictions/Results

Didn’t see this one on here so am making one here.

We already know the heavy-hitters are probably going to be here, ie most of the Austin/San Antonio 6A’s in the Area. 
Since Weiss moved up to 6A they’ll probably make it too

From Region 8, I predict that Harker Heights, Copperas Cove, and Midway are definitely making it, and Temple and Bryan could possibly make it as well. 

On 10/10/2022 at 4:42 PM, Bandmanio said:

Region 18 goes on Tuesday 10/11 as well. All 7 should receive 1st divisions. M&G Johnson is opting not to go to Area, but their 1st division will count towards the total numbers at Area.

Credit Above!-

As of right now, here are the current qualifiers for the 6A Area D contest!

Region 26-

Cedar Ridge
Hutto
McNeil
Round Rock
Stony Point
Weiss
Westwood

Region 18-

Akins
Anderson
Austin
Bowie
Del Valle
Dripping Springs
Johnson (Opting out of Area)

2 minutes ago, Samuel Culper said:

29 gives you 5.

WAIT, they are only taking 5 this year??? Well that changes everything! For me, the 3 locks are CR,CTJ and Regan, with round rock, Westwood, Bowie and idk who else fighting for last 2. I thought this area normally took 6, so it looks like someone who normally makes it won’t which I hate for the kids, but it is what it is.

really new to this and I don't know if this is the place to ask, but what regions comprise Area D? Also, do the bands need to get all 1s to advance or do they just have to have a final score of 1 to advance (example: 2 judges score 1, and 1 scores them with a 2, but still gets a final score of 1)?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Zil said:

really new to this and I don't know if this is the place to ask, but what regions comprise Area D? Also, do the bands need to get all 1s to advance or do they just have to have a final score of 1 to advance (example: 2 judges score 1, and 1 scores them with a 2, but still gets a final score of 1)?

Thanks!

I don’t know what regions this area consists of, but if a band gets 2 1s and 1 2, they still qualify for area! So 0 or 1 2s will get a band to area, but I’d they get 2 2s, they wouldn’t qualify!

1 minute ago, Tubalord11 said:

I don’t know what regions this area consists of, but if a band gets 2 1s and 1 2, they still qualify for area! So 0 or 1 2s will get a band to area, but I’d they get 2 2s, they wouldn’t qualify!

8 minutes ago, Zil said:

Thanks!

And this is definitely the place to ask any questions regarding marching band! Everyone here loves helping new people to the activity! It’s a lot to remember with how all the process works and all the different scoring systems, so never hesitate to ask! 

24 minutes ago, Zil said:

Thanks!

This Area consists of Region 8, 12, 18, and 26!

34 minutes ago, Zil said:

Thanks!

This will help  https://align.tmea.org/align_2224/index.php

1 hour ago, Samuel Culper said:

Look two columns to the right for 6A Marching Band alignment.

Ahhh.. ok. now it makes more sense. :D I missed that.

Thank you!

Also, thank you to all that responded to my questions. I love reading y'alls analysis and opinions. Have a great season to everybody!

3 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

WAIT, they are only taking 5 this year??? Well that changes everything! For me, the 3 locks are CR,CTJ and Regan, with round rock, Westwood, Bowie and idk who else fighting for last 2. I thought this area normally took 6, so it looks like someone who normally makes it won’t which I hate for the kids, but it is what it is.

In the past they have. Last year they took 5 as well. 

3 minutes ago, bchorn said:

What qualifies a band to advance to area? I thought it was required that the band earn straight 1s...but I see some bands like Anderson (who earned a 2 from a single judge and 1s from the rest) as said to qualify for Area.  

I believe straight 1s is just for UIL sweepstakes, but bands only need to receive a 1 from a majority of the judges to advance to area. Could be wrong.

12 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

If a 30th band qualified for Area then 6 bands would advance to state...but because only 29 qualified only 5 will advance.