2022 BOA North Texas (Oct. 15)

10 minutes ago, DallasFan said:

Wow Forney tied Westlake for overall music in prelims and were 7th, less then a point behind Prosper in 6th. whoever said Forney would push top half possibly was pretty on point. 

lots of movement for every band from Prelims to Finals. 

That would be me, but then Forney got scored 1st in VPI and then 12th(!!!) in VPE in prelims so any hopes of that happening are dashed with them being relegated to bottom half, where BOA still can’t honestly adjudicate groups with that top half/bottom half split being forced in, at least the way I see it haha. I’m using an example from last week’s DFW contest as an example here, no shade to the group that has to be used as one so my apologies in advance, okkk, 6th place L.D Bell here was 2.25 points better than our 3rd place band here in Waxahachie, who was 8th at DFW I. Do I believe this to be the case or believable? No, simply no, definitely not. I went with a friend, we both truly believed Waxahachie was better on that day when we saw the show in prelims, but one band made top half and the other didn’t, and we get this disparity in scoring. I just think it’s a tad bit silly, if I’m honest.