5a Area F Marching Contest 2019

Regional contest and Area contest will be here before we know it! I saw on the uil area F site a performance order draw of 31 possible bands. And from previous posts I got that it is one state spot for every 5 bands at area, of which the bands got a div 1 rating at region contest to get to area. Really hoping for at least 4 spots or more this year for area F! Looks like 6 would be our max but probably unlikely. Correct me in this if I'm wrong or misinformed. I do not claim to be an expert in any way. Just a hopeful parent!

I've not seen most of these shows so not comfortable predicting but a little history from 2017 may be helpful.

In 2017 the 3 bands that advanced to state were Aledo, Birdville, and Richland. Those that were in finals at area in addition to these 3 (did not advance to state though) were Azle, Colleyville Heritage, Granbury and Centennial.

At state Richland was 6th (finals), Aledo 8th (finals), Birdville 16th (prelims).

I don't see Richland in the draw order? Maybe they are now 6A. I also don't see Legacy in the 2017 mix and have no knowledge of their history.

I also don't see Legacy in the 2017 mix and have no knowledge of their history.

The Mansfield schools have pretty much been in Area B since I can remember (2006). I guess they got switched to Area F this year (someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

Legacy looked good at the Mansfield contest two weeks ago. Think they'll make finals but who knows after that.

The Mansfield schools have pretty much been in Area B since I can remember (2006). I guess they got switched to Area F this year (someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

Legacy looked good at the Mansfield contest two weeks ago. Think they'll make finals but who knows after that.

Mansfield schools are now 6a except Legacy

The Birdville Invitational was a shocker. I never expected Colleyville to place that high. Colleyville and Centennial could be contenders for the top spot at area.

It looks like Burleson Centennial placed higher than Colleyville Heritage at the Mansfield Preview of Champions but Colleyville placed higher than Centennial at Birdville. And while Centennial placed higher than Aledo at Birdville in finals, Aledo placed higher than Centennial in Birdville prelims and at BOA DFW. And Colleyville placed Higher than Aledo at Birdville but that's the only contest they've been in together. So these 3 are neck and neck it seems. I would say these are the front runners for Area F but Birdville and probably Azle and Granbury are also in the mix. I think this should be a very good area contest! Please let there be at least 4 state spots! They are all amazing shows!

It looks like Burleson Centennial placed higher than Colleyville Heritage at the Mansfield Preview of Champions but Colleyville placed higher than Centennial at Birdville. And while Centennial placed higher than Aledo at Birdville in finals, Aledo placed higher than Centennial in Birdville prelims and at BOA DFW. And Colleyville placed Higher than Aledo at Birdville but that's the only contest they've been in together. So these 3 are neck and neck it seems. I would say these are the front runners for Area F but Birdville and probably Azle and Granbury are also in the mix. I think this should be a very good area contest! Please let there be at least 4 state spots! They are all amazing shows!

Your right, Burleson Centennial, Colleyville, and Aledo are definitely going to be competing intensely for state spots. I'm just not sure what Birdville and Granbury are up to. Azle sadly though is most likely not cracking the state spots based on there performance at the Birdville Marching Festival, not placing in the finals. It will be interesting to see what Birdville and Granbury got up their sleeves. This year going to be interesting to see from everybody around!

Actually now that the prelim recap is posted it look like Boswell then Saginaw then Legacy had the next highest 5A scores at Birdville after the four 5A finalists. It really is anybody's game.

Your right, it is truly anyone's game. I remember my freshman year in 2017 Aledo use to be untouchable. Now nobody's safe. It will be interesting who will rise this year to state.

I am skeptical about Joshua, their performance was not really an area finalist performance, and I suppose they got last in the entire contest, I’d say Centennial has a great show, I was not able to see Colleyville but their show is most likely very well, and Aledo as well. I got there for Birdville’s exhibition and they have a chance.

I am skeptical about Joshua, their performance was not really an area finalist performance, and I suppose they got last in the entire contest, I’d say Centennial has a great show, I was not able to see Colleyville but their show is most likely very well, and Aledo as well. I got there for Birdville’s exhibition and they have a chance.

I agree with you. I do not understand what is so special with Birdville though. I don't even comprehend why they made state 2 years ago! Either way, our band is pretty upset the fact we fell one place behind them at area finals 2017. Hopefully 4 bands can make state this year. This area is very competitive compared to other ones in the state of Texas!

I agree with you. I do not understand what is so special with Birdville though. I don't even comprehend why they made state 2 years ago! Either way, our band is pretty upset the fact we fell one place behind them at area finals 2017. Hopefully 4 bands can make state this year. This area is very competitive compared to other ones in the state of Texas!

I think you need to get over what happened 2 years ago and focus on the now, trashing on another band is never a good look

I think you need to get over what happened 2 years ago and focus on the now, trashing on another band is never a good look

I mean you know it's true. Any other bands in area finals could have taken that 3rd place spot 2 years ago. Clearly you don't have the perspective of how it feels to get close to something and not achieve it.  <_<