Area B 2018

I’m sorry I might not understand but how does that change anything about placements in finals? They didn’t even tie

They’re a great band don’t get me wrong

Yes but looking at the Timber Creek and Duncanville scores. Apparently the tiebreaker is up to judge’s preference, and if so, how could they do that? The UIL system needs to be changed to catch up to the current times. In BOA, LD Bell beats Timber, but then all of the sudden they lose by like 3 places? I know the systems are different but it should all be a good reflection of the band programs, which this is not.

What I realized And and don’t get upset ! Is timber , bell and haltom are all boa bands now. If you look at al the groups other than Keller and I think coppell . The band doesn’t do much visually . Except March. Stand still and play . With that being said if this was even alittle more judged off of general effect and stuff like that as boa is then bell Keller And haltom had the best visual package . Sorry for my opinion and it sucks that what happened happened . But all was close and I enjoyed almost all of it . Just think a lot should of been different in some places .

Any ways I’m excited for boa San Antonio cause a lot of the groups that advanced tonight won’t be advancing for finals boa San Antonio and I can see some of the bands that didn’t advance have a high chance of advancing .

Area B was definitely an uphill battle for Keller with a super demanding show that is probably the least “UIL” show that advanced.

Agreed ! With the add of timber haltom and bell . All shows that aren’t uil based and it’s makes me upset how they didn’t get credit for the incredible visual program they bring to the table !

You should probably get a little bit more knowledge before you speak. We all know you’re a haltom mom alumni whatever, just like I am for prosper but I know prosper has a more BOA based show because of BOA Grand Nationals and BOA San Antonio. Get over yourself and don’t make excuses

I’m definitely not . I graduated from birdville high school in 2015 . Thank you for your input . And just cause you “attend “boa doesn’t mean you are a boa band . What did prosper place at boa grand bats last year ? Exactly . And they placed wel at uil state contest . So maybe before you come for people . You should educate yourself . Thank you very much . Yes prosper does well in boa but they are better in uil . Same for coppell . Same for Waxahachie. Keller is a boa style band . But they also do very well in uil. They are a double hitter . Timber creek obviously does better boa . LD Bell visual package is more extravagant than ever and kind of over throws the uil style and tbh I live for it . Haltom medaled a boa super regional last year with some grand national finalist in previous years .so look up your history before you try to start stufff

. Thank you for coming to my ted talk .

I’m definitely not . I graduated from birdville high school in 2015 . Thank you for your input . And just cause you “attend “boa doesn’t mean you are a boa band . What did prosper place at boa grand bats last year ? Exactly . And they placed wel at uil state contest . So maybe before you come for people . You should educate yourself . Thank you very much . Yes prosper does well in boa but they are better in uil . Same for coppell . Same for Waxahachie. Keller is a boa style band . But they also do very well in uil. They are a double hitter . Timber creek obviously does better boa . LD Bell visual package is more extravagant than ever and kind of over throws the uil style and tbh I live for it . Haltom medaled a boa super regional last year with some grand national finalist in previous years .so look up your history before you try to start stufff

. Thank you for coming to my ted talk .

go awf

go awf

It just annoys me when band moms jump in and talk smack. I’m still fairly new to the forum but I’ve been doing band since like 5th grade and I’m a music major and I know what I like and have my opinion. Did I say anything bad about any band tonight ? No . So why come for me and assume something when I’m a 21 year old music major from unt not a band mom that doesn’t know what she’s talking about

Sorry I have a passion for music and love what bell and haltom and timber are doing on the field over groups that

Advanced . Actually I’m not sorry I take it back

Lol it's ok that person's comment was kind of rude actually, so no need to apologize. I just think it's interesting to see how passionate everyone is about this lol. 

It just annoys me when band moms jump in and talk smack. I’m still fairly new to the forum but I’ve been doing band since like 5th grade and I’m a music major and I know what I like and have my opinion. Did I say anything bad about any band tonight ? No . So why come for me and assume something when I’m a 21 year old music major from unt not a band mom that doesn’t know what she’s talking about

I know you are not speaking to me, I just want to say how grateful I am for your commentary. I am a band mom, but as my screen name states, I'm well aware I'm lost in the sauce. I appreciate you and everyone else that takes the time to explain things to me. 

I think everyone on this thread is going a bit too far.  It is fully reasonable for you to have thought that the performance of people who didn't advance was better than some that did.  Many of the judges agreed with you.  No one should be getting mad at you for that.  But some of the assertions about which bands are "better" at which styles of shows are just obnoxious and actually very rude.

I know you are not speaking to me, I just want to say how grateful I am for your commentary. I am a band mom, but as my screen name states, I'm well aware I'm lost in the sauce. I appreciate you and everyone else that takes the time to explain things to me.

Oh no . I’m not meaning all band moms . Just some . I love everyone almost on this forum . I’m just very passionate about band and thank you so much

I think everyone on this thread is going a bit too far. It is fully reasonable for you to have thought that the performance of people who didn't advance was better than some that did. Many of the judges agreed with you. No one should be getting mad at you for that. But some of the assertions about which bands are "better" at which styles of shows are just obnoxious and actually very rude.

All shows are great . And I loved every show tonight all I was saying is that some bands have more achievements in boa than uil due to the judging system.

Watch it. I happen to agree with your synopsis, but please realize not all band moms are clueless. I was in band in jr. high, high school, college, and taught music lessons for 10 years before I focused more on my kids than work. I still play piano, guitar, sax, and flute, although I only teach piano from time-to-time now. I had two kids go through Haltom over the years and volunteered every second I could, working my butt off giving HOURS AND HOURS to the program. I'm glad you're educated in music. It's nice to see young men or women continue on in their studies, but show a little respect. Be mad. Whatever. But respect, please. Thanks.

Watch it. I happen to agree with your synopsis, but please realize not all band mom's are clueless. I was in band 8n high school, college, and taught music lessons for 10 years before I focused more on my kids than work. I still play piano, guitar, sax, and flute, although I only teach piano from time-to-time now. I had two kids go through Haltom over the years and volunteered every second I could, working my butt off giving HOURS AND HOURS to the program. I'm glad you're educated in music. It's nice to see young men or women continue on in their studies, but show a little respect. Be mad. Whatever. But respect, please. Thanks.

Oh no no no . Not all band moms . And I didn’t mean it like that . It just upset me in a way . I’m sorry if I offended anyone I was just referring to certain ones . I love band moms

Lol it's ok that person's comment was kind of rude actually, so no need to apologize. I just think it's interesting to see how passionate everyone is about this lol.

Everyone needs to remember that the results are just 5 people’s opinions that sometimes aren’t right (talking to you judge who scored Keller in 10th) . I don’t know if this is a bad way to look at things, but if you feel robbed, you can think to yourself “man the state marching contest isn’t even that prestigious if they send X band who we are obviously better then” I know that’s a hollow way of thinking, but if you think to just yourself it kinda helps soothe the pain.