Questions to all of the moderators.

I am definitely not smart enough to know how it gets done here.  In the early days, we did have an issue with it popping up every now and then.  I can say that we have a great community that stays vigilant and messages us if spam makes it on these boards!

So, almost every time I'm on this website my antivirus says that the website or something is trying to download something. What is it?

It doesn’t like YouTube links. It thinks they might contain a virus. Anytime you run across a post here with YouTube links in it, you’ll get that notice.

How in the world do y'all keep this site so clean from spam? I don't think I have ever seen a spam post pop up on this site, unlike the other popular MFA forum site. I sincerely applaud you for however you are doing it. Thank you.

Well, we blocked the entire country of Russia from posting here.  So there's that...

MTxBGA

So, almost every time I'm on this website my antivirus says that the website or something is trying to download something. What is it?

When getting on the forums I get a flash file that wants to download.  I just cancel it, but always wondered whats with the SWF file.

You probably dont notice because it is almost always handled very quickly, but spam posts are a fairly frequent occurrence on the site and they are always dealt with efficiently. The moderators do a great job, but that is not to say that we wont see some every now and again. I agree that we need to thank everyone who works hard to keep the site running, though!

• 2 weeks later...

So whatever happened to trumpet master? Or any of the old staff/moderators? I can also tell on these forums each of your paths to maturity too. For example, back a short 11 years ago in 2007, takigan posted the "LMB" phrase, which is something I couldn't see him saying on an average day now. It actually surprised me when I saw that.

Alex (Clarinot) still shows up in times of trouble :).

Zach (bluebellbrass) runs Couchmen and a photography business, so he stays pretty busy.

mbui is married with kids and works a pretty time-intensive job.  Those 2 things often boot out hobbies like this.  He was at BOA Conroe last year though, and I wouldn't be surprised if he still lurks.

TrumpetMaster blogged the first revived RGV regional in....what year was it? 2014? Not sure what he's been up to lately though.

lol, "LMB"....yeah....I used to say whatever was on my mind on the internet back in the 2005-2008 period.  That's how the internet is (was?).  I'm a quiet guy and am not super sociable in real life, though I realized reaching the end of my Music Ed degree that a lot more people in the band directing world knew who I was by reputation of this site than I might've liked to admit, and as someone who was thinking about becoming a band director at the time, I didn't feel like that was doing any favors for my professional image, lol.