BOA Conroe 2018

I'm only just realizing that Pearland didnt make finals. Was anyone who watched all day surprised by this? I saw some comments stating that they might be on a trajectory for San Antonio finals.

Very surprised. Just like last year. But like last year, you can make top five at a regional and be close, and be top half at a regional and still miss. Anything is possible.

I'm only just realizing that Pearland didnt make finals. Was anyone who watched all day surprised by this? I saw some comments stating that they might be on a trajectory for San Antonio finals.

I’m baffled by many things at this point! Especially Coppell not making DFW finals at all, and Bell being in the top half.

My personal predictions based on what I saw live:

1 Reagan

2 Vandegrift

3 The Woodlands

The order of these top are a total guess. These three were easily the best ones, kept your attention from start to finished, they had the whole package. Musically I think they are dead even but I personally put the Woodlands behind the other two in overall placement solely because of their color guard; with seeing a few drops that they had they are easily inferior to the other two band’s guard.

4. Seven lakes/ Bowie/ Cy-fair

5. Seven lakes/ Bowie/ Cy-fair

6. Seven lakes/ Bowie/ Cy-fair

I found these three equally enjoyable. Really good programs but not as good as the top 3. I can’t deicde which ones are better

7. Oak Ridge/ Brazoswood

8. Oak Ridge/ Brazoswood

I’m personally more biased towards Oak Ridge and enjoyed their performance more and thought they were better musically but I can’t deny that Brazoswood was really good, loved their dancing.

9 Winston Churchill

Musically they were technically perfect, but it just wasn’t very interesting compared to the other finalists. I can see them doing amazing at UIL where there is less weight towards GE

10 JET.

They were good of course, but they just seemed the weakest out of all of them to me.

And watching SFA’s performance, I can tell they had to be super close to making finals, I enjoyed watching their Mary Poppins themed show. But I can kinda seem why they didn’t make finals. They just weren’t as clean as the others.

Copied from BigTrombone on musicforall forums:

Final Results

1. Ronald Reagan H.S., TX 88.55

2. Vandegrift H.S., TX 88.0

3. The Woodlands H.S., TX 86.8

4. James Bowie H.S., TX 85.45

5. Cy-Fair H.S., TX 83.4

6. Oak Ridge H.S., TX 82.75

7. Seven Lakes H.S., TX 81.55

8. Winston Churchill H.S., TX 80.30

9. James E. Taylor H.S., TX 78.55

10. Brazoswood H.S., TX 78.25

Outstanding Music Performance: Vandegrift H.S., TX

Outstanding Visual Performance: Ronald Reagan H.S., TX

Outstanding General Effect: Ronald Reagan H.S., TX

So except for Brazoswood placing lower than anticipated, my predictions were spot on.