2018 BOA San Antonio?

Did I miss it or was the "Whataburger" logo off of the CTJ sideline cover? Anyone know the story about why it was there for BOA Austin but not there for BOA SA?

Something about advertising and endorsements not being allowed but I’m not sure why it’s only evidently at the Alamodome. Daniel said the same thing was an issue for Hendrickson with their 3D glasses in 2016. A bunch of parents had to quickly sharpie off the logos on the glasses they were handing out to the audience.

Something about advertising and endorsements not being allowed but I’m not sure why it’s only evidently at the Alamodome. Daniel said the same thing was an issue for Hendrickson with their 3D glasses in 2016. A bunch of parents had to quickly sharpie off the logos on the glasses they were handing out to the audience.

Was just about to respond with this. Hendrickson and Cane's, CTJ and Whataburger.

Did I miss it or was the "Whataburger" logo off of the CTJ sideline cover?  Anyone know the story about why it was there for BOA Austin but not there for BOA SA?

i heard a funny story about that - wont share the details here other than to say that had nothing to do with the alamodome - it was more to do with an organization based in Indy

Can you send something about Madison? I love reading reviews and the more I can get on any band, but especially ours does a lot for me. This isn’t hyping, I just want to know honest opinions, and it won’t hurt me. I’ll completely understand.

Unfortunately I missed the first two blocks on Friday because I had to work, so I didnt get to see Madison. I am really sad because everyone says they were really great! If I can find a video of their performance I will let you know my thoughts!

Here are my lengthy thoughts on some of the bands from this weekend. I put individual bands in spoilers so that you don't get hit by a wall of text and you can choose what you read (or don't read). They are somewhat in an order, but not entirely. I hope you enjoy my thoughts.

Flower Mound:

Flower Mound always has such cool show concepts! I think their win here was deserved, as close as it was. They start their show with a bang- only a millisecond after the announcer finishes talking and from their you are in their world. Flower Mound has a way of presenting their programs with such precision and personality that really makes them "Pop". I loved the part of their show where they became a military band and think it was very impressive that the students had to master several different marching techniques. Also the little head thing they do is really fun. I still don't quite understand the four goal posts, though... The ballad, true colors, was absolutely beautiful and just absurd enough to be lovely (if that makes any sense). Great job on another Super-Regional championship!

I will leave it with this, unless anyone has questions about my thoughts on other groups. In all- what a fantastic few days of performances. All of the students should be so proud!

That part of the show they are "morphing" into an "old-style military marching band" One of the "signature" things from the FloMo band is the "removal" of the mid-filed logo by placing a green tarp with field markings over the logo.  What they are doing here is bringing the football stadium back for the band to counter-march in.  Once the old logo and posts are moved, they return to the fast marching style we see today.

Unfortunately I missed the first two blocks on Friday because I had to work, so I didnt get to see Madison. I am really sad because everyone says they were really great! If I can find a video of their performance I will let you know my thoughts!

Our boa performance is on our Facebook page. Look up Madison Band Flags & Boosters. It should be quite easy to find.

I also noticed the "louder than typical" crowd noise throughout VR's show on the stream..was this just Vista's typical well-traveling parent section, or did this really get the crowd going that much? Seems like the substantial 7th to 4th jump in finals was 'willed' by the crowd a bit. 

I also noticed the "louder than typical" crowd noise throughout VR's show on the stream..was this just Vista's typical well-traveling parent section, or did this really get the crowd going that much? Seems like the substantial 7th to 4th jump in finals was 'willed' by the crowd a bit.

They really are just that good

I just wanna say how proud I am of the pride of haltom. Season may of not started how they wanted but they ended strong and I was blown away. Everyone in San Antonio were incredible and I had the best time . Any who. Can’t wait to see what haltom does next year . But here is their San Antonio video if anyone wants to watch