2017 BOA Schedule

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some takeaways-

Prosper at grand nats (while skipping southlake) is quite the surprise, especially in a State year. Could def see them in semis.

Midland is quite the eclectic mix, glad to see groups from all over though not as many El Paso boa regulars as I would have thought.

Conroe is totally insane, have never seen an early season Texas regional so jam packed, it's going to be a total bloodbath.

Hopefully the Atlanta situation works out as it's looking pretty strong attendance wise, with Haltom, Cedar ridge and Keller central looking like sure things for finals- and judging from shermans near miss in finals last year trinity might even stand a chance as well.

McAllen will be interesting- dripping Springs looks like the favorite though this should be a pretty good gauge for just how good Harlingen and pioneer are. Speaking of Pioneer, should be interesting to see how they fare at Austin. glad to see them branching out. Might they make a splash at 5a this year?

Exciting!

It's like Christmas! So glad to have these to obsess over for the next few months!

All Texas regionals look super interesting!! And look at Weiss (opening this fall with 9/10 grades to relieve Hendrickson) already entered in several! How fun!

Also excited to see Pioneer at Austin! They were the great discovery for me at McAllen last year and I think they may very well make a nice addition to the 5A state conversation.

Of note. These lists include bands that are on the waitlist for that event. Specifically, for Conroe and San Antonio as those two events are currently overbooked.

As such, some of the waitlist bands are currently actively deciding whether to move to a different regional or to stay on the waitlist.

How often do wait listed bands actually get a spot?

How often do wait listed bands actually get a spot?

It depends on the event and how willing other bands are to switch to a less-crowded competition. I believe Conroe had almost 45 bands meet the initial registration deadline, but several decided to switch to another Texas regional even before the lists were released, so now it's down to 37. For San Antonio, there will certainly be bands that don't get a spot unless BOA chooses to expand the show beyond a typical super of 64 bands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...