2013 BOA San Antonio Super Regional

Let's not anoint the new king yet. So many talented bands in this thing.

LDB - the show is amazing! If they can elevate the music to match the show they may end up on top. They are hard to beat visually but they fly around the field so artfully(?) It is hard to play well musically. Amazing program, amazing show!!!!!

Marcus - Marcus is Marcus. One can never count them out. Their sound is their strength. I do not think the visual show is as good as it has been in the past but those kids can play. Obviously the top dogs as always but..........

Hebron - definitely more of a UIL band then BOA but when those kids hit on all cylinders their music is unbelievable. Most difficult book out there. They have stepped it up visually. Don't count them out.

I have not seen the Woodlands or CTJ so I cannot comment on those programs but from what I hear they are unbelievable.

I'll be at Duncanville if it doesn't get rained out. What a year for for the competition in San Antonio!!!!!!!

And being from the Dallas area I left out a number of great bands. Coppell, Flomo, Plano, Lewisville, Berkner, to name a few. There are probably another 20 bands from other areas I have never heard of that are also amazing!

I guess what I am saying is what a great year to be a part of this competition!!!!l

Looks like Duncanville may get rained out. But in Texas you never know.....

Then again, there are a couple duds on the judging panel this year, including the guy that placed CTJ dead-last in music GE last year during finals. I just really hope they aren't judging in categories where they could really wreak some havoc (*cough*GE*cough).

I hate that guy. I hate him so much. Aaaaargh. *angry muttering*

That said, I'm super stoked to see what happens this year. If that dude doesn't screw things up like he did last year (I did a comparison between him and the other music GE judges and he was multiple places off of the other judges on over half the bands.) Johnson may have a chance at a medal. I think it was my senior year (2011) when Marcus placed fourth...I wonder if there's going to be another massive upset like that, based on what others have said about their show. Then again, if it's anything like last year's, they may earn another well-deserved gold medal. The only show I've really seen is Johnson's (and even then, only the crappy videos on the BOA site) and so I can only make judgements based on previous competitions.

I'm expecting a great bloodbath Saturday night. It'll be a fight to the death for the top six in finals, what with Bowie, Hebron, TWHS, CTJ, Bell, and Marcus all stepping up their late-season game. Johnson's won multiple captions this year ahead of TWHS and Bowie, and Hebron beat out Marcus at Allen. This year is gonna be wonderful.

I cant wait to perform at BoA SA and I think its really cool that everyone is putting us in the "locks" catagory. To be honest I have no idea how its going to turn out, but I know its going to be fun!! I can only speak for myself here but I go more for the experience than to win.

Now that being said I can get a LITTLE competitive. I know bell and marcus will be competition, as always. And we saw ctj at BoA austin and they beat us in music. Hebron beat marcus, and woodlands from what I hear are also really really good (which isnt news to me). So like I said, it sure is going to be a fun weekend.

Name a band that is the dark horse in this competition

Outside of the usual suspects, I'll give you Cedar Ridge and Bowie as dark horses for medal positions. I'm not sure if CTJ would be considered a dark horse, but they could sneak in as well. Also, I really liked the Haltom and Plano East shows at Duncanville and I think they make finals.