Best School Comebacks/Things that you didn't expect

Keller coming back from early season disappointment to make finals at 6A State and BOA GN.  I know that it's been well documented on this forum that they always seem to pull through at the end of the season when it counts, but I thought for sure this would be the year that they missed finals at the end.  I'm not sure how they always seem to keep getting better until the last day, but they do.

On 11/22/2023 at 9:28 AM, LeanderMomma said:

I’m partial to the Leander comeback at BOA San Antonio and making finals, placing 10th overall, just a hair behind Cedar Park!  😍😍

And I'm partial to Cedar Park coming back, after an entire marching season of finishing behind Rouse, and beating them at State for the Gold. 🤩

• 1 month later...

Round Rock surprised a few when they came back and made both San Antonio and national finals in 2019 after missing early season in Austin.

An incredible recovery given many people counted them out early after that.

To this day I think they were always capable, just a  dirty run and an undeveloped show in prelims on the morning of Austin. 

They would have been in finals in Austin today given the expansion to 12 bands.

On 12/31/2023 at 10:19 AM, urmom292 said:

I would have to say Dripping Springs making a huge comeback from their past few seasons to now. This has been their best season to date. 

I think 2017 is a close second. Winning prelims and almost dethroning Cedar Park was exciting to watch.

This was definitely their best season though. I almost wish they’d held out on going to grand nationals, if they’d given it a few years they would’ve easily made it in.

On 1/1/2024 at 1:21 PM, lost said:

I think 2017 is a close second. Winning prelims and almost dethroning Cedar Park was exciting to watch.

This was definitely their best season though. I almost wish they’d held out on going to grand nationals, if they’d given it a few years they would’ve easily made it in.

I think we will see them back at grand nats in a few years.

• 2 weeks later...

More local to me and on a smaller scale, but McKinney High making area finals after not making since 2016, and even with that successful early season in 2021 with losing a decent bit of their staff and a huge senior class in 2022 and still coming back strong to make area finals this year, they pretty much had everything going against them and they still managed to make it and I respect the heck out of them for it

• 3 weeks later...