5 Coppell

6 Waxahachie

7 Timber Creek

8 LD Bell

9 Jenks

10 Southlake Carroll

11 Forney

12 Keller Central

Do not sleep on Lone Star cracking the finals here. They're off to a great start to competition season with a win at Melissa and were neck-and-neck with Boyd at Wylie for 2nd/3rd. That middle block of prelims should be insane.

20 minutes ago, DrumLine said:

Do not sleep on Lone Star cracking the finals here. They're off to a great start to competition season with a win at Melissa and were neck-and-neck with Boyd at Wylie for 2nd/3rd. That middle block of prelims should be insane.

I agree! Bc of the depth, I wouldn’t say they are a lock, but definitely have a really strong shot at finals!

11 hours ago, crunchycookie3 said:

This contest is so exciting! Weather is looking a bit dicey this week, setting Saturday up to be the coolest contest of the TX season thus far. I’m particularly interested to see how Coppell and Forney’s tuning fares that early in the morning with temps in the low 50s for the first time this season. I expect the top half of finalist bands to look identical to last year’s. Marcus looks fantastic, Hebron’s music is at an all-time high, Flomo is Flomo, Wakeland looks solid, and Bell has their strongest show in recent memory. I haven’t seen Coppell yet, but I would have a very hard time seeing them outside the top half. Waxahachie is likely knocking on the door of top half, joined by Timber Creek and Forney. Outside of those nine, it’s looking like a mad scramble for 3 finals spots between Lone Star, Aledo, Jenks, SLC, KC, Sachse, and-refreshingly-Trinity! Given the strength of the finalist-caliber bands here, I’m expecting to see recaps as messy as last week’s Conroe prelims.

As long as the cool front comes in sooner than expected, which it’s looking like it is, now with it coming in, the cooler morning temps shouldn’t be much to contend with at all, gradually warming up to a very comfortable temperature throughout the day and stable conditions on Saturday. It’ll be a fantastic performance setting for the students and spectators I believe!

1 hour ago, texastrumpetdad said:

Finals Predictions

1. Hebron
2. Flower Mound
3. Marcus
4. Coppell
5. Wakeland
6. Jenks
7. Lone Star
8. LD Bell 
9. Waxahachie 
10. Southlake Carroll
11. Burleson Centennial
12. Timber Creek

These are some bold predictions! I don’t personally see Lonestar beating out any of these bands other than Burleson Centennial, but I do think they have a great shot at making finals

Frisco Liberty: A common thread- What a wonderful performance to open up prelims! The illustration of "the common thread" is seen in the drill throughout the show many times, some very challenging and well executed Carolina Crown styled brass features, loved the soloist throughout, especially the Violin ( I think I'm not the best with my string instruments in marching band 😭), which added some great music GE. Really beautiful performance, very interested to see how they do this season at Area B, could definitely shock some people. Great job Frisco Liberty! 

Trinity: Mad Hearts- holy cow Trinity! What an amazing performance! Really enjoyed the pre show body work, the end of the opening moment where the brass sound slowly disappeared as the woodwind and then the brass scattered to their form was very cool, huge and balanced ensemble sound and great soloist! Wouldn’t be surprised at all if they make finals. Great job Trinity!

Forney: In the Arena- OH. MY. GOD. I'm absolutely blown away by Forney! Great and super impactful opening hit! Soloist throughout were on fire, and that Percussion... on another level! The drill was also very clean, I loved how they kept alluding back to the music played backfield in the beginning throughout the whole show, very impactful! I'm so freaking excited to see then next weekend live and would be kind of shocked if they don't make finals, probably my new favorite Forney show, just wow wow wow. Amazing job Forney!! 

On 10/4/2023 at 9:31 PM, Vidal28 said:

As long as the cool front comes in sooner than expected, which it’s looking like it is, now with it coming in, the cooler morning temps shouldn’t be much to contend with at all, gradually warming up to a very comfortable temperature throughout the day and stable conditions on Saturday. It’ll be a fantastic performance setting for the students and spectators I believe!

I’d personally rather it be cool than it be hot and needing an umbrella to shade myself from the unrelenting Texas heat😩