2023 BOA DFW (Oct. 7)

LeanderMomma

12 minutes ago, Flute goddess said:

That's where Wakeland's band director went, I think. Will be interesting to see how quickly he can build up this new program.

That and it is also located in a good school district with really talented programs. Prosper High and Rock Hill seem to be doing good for themselves, so I have no doubt that Walnut Grove will do the same.

On 12/19/2022 at 9:46 AM, LeanderMomma said:

The 2023 Dallas/Ft. Worth Regional will be held Oct. 7 at Pennington Field in Bedford, TX.

OFFICIAL PRELIMS SCHEDULE AS OF 08/17/2023:

8:00 - Liberty H.S., TX
8:15 - Trinity H.S., TX
8:30 - Forney H.S., TX
8:45 - Krum H.S., TX
9:00 - Coppell H.S., TX

BREAK

9:45 - Brock H.S., TX
10:00 - Sacshe H.S., TX
10:15 - James Earl Rudder H.S., TX
10:30 - Lone Star H.S., TX
10:45 - Wakeland H.S., TX
11:00 - Marcus H.S., TX
11:15 - Southlake Carroll H.S., TX

BREAK

12:15 - Timber Creek H.S., TX
12:30 - L.D. Bell H.S., TX
12:45 - Burleson Centennial H.S., TX
1:00 - Grapevine H.S., TX
1:15 - Lebanon Trail H.S., TX
1:30 - James Martin H.S., TX
1:45 - Keller Central H.S., TX

BREAK

2:30 - Rick Reedy H.S., TX
2:45 - Aledo H.S., TX
3:00 - Jenks H.S., OK
3:15 - Rockwall H.S., TX
3:30 - Waxahachie H.S., TX
3:45 - Flower Mound H.S., TX
4:00 - Hebron H.S., TX
4:15 - EXH. UNT Green Brigade Marching Band

The schedule is officially out!  

I LOVE that Flomo and Hebron are going back-back, as well as Lone Star and Wakeland. I was hoping I’d be able to go again but unfortunately college marching band duties call, but at least I get to go to Prosper and I’ll be going to 6A area C to watch Hebron incase I’m not able to go to nats live. Would love to see some new faces in finals, maybe Lebanon Trial will slip in, but it’s gonna be another super stacked Bedford regional per the usual.

33 minutes ago, pancake said:

ouch rough draw for coppell

They will be completely fine. I think much like @LeanderMommasaid in the Austin reginal form, going early, especially considering how hot it's been recently is probably not a super band thing anymore. Considering they have been on a role recently; they should easily make finals. It's much like how Cedar Park was both last year and this year, and they were 3rd in both prelims and finals. I think bands are going to start to realize that going earlier, especially in outdoor venues, is not as bad as people make it out to be. 

11 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

They will be completely fine. I think much like @LeanderMommasaid in the Austin reginal form, going early, especially considering how hot it's been recently is probably not a super band thing anymore. Considering they have been on a role recently; they should easily make finals. It's much like how Cedar Park was both last year and this year, and they were 3rd in both prelims and finals. I think bands are going to start to realize that going earlier, especially in outdoor venues, is not as bad as people make it out to be. 

All of this!  The way this summer has been going....a performance time before noon is a blessing in disguise!

On 8/21/2023 at 7:45 PM, balumni2023 said:

If you want to see all of the potential finalist bands (with this contest, the majority of them are finalist-worthy) you pretty much have to watch every block, which might suck with the heat. But it's October, so who knows what Texas weather will be like lol

I am praying for a cooler October, if not that at least clouds on the day to prevent sunburns!!!

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, clarinetistkai05 said:

My predictions:

1. Hebron

2. Flower Mound

3. Marcus

4. Wakeland

5. Coppell

6. Waxahachie

7. Southlake Carroll

8. Forney

9. Aledo

10. L.D Bell

11. Keller Central

12. Timber Creek

* Some of these can be swapped, but I feel like it’s solid.

I wouldn’t count out Lonestar! They’ve only been getting better these past few years, and definitely seem to be really doing well in boa recently! I don’t know about Aledo being so high seeing how they did last year at boa, but otherwise a solid list! 

26 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I wouldn’t count out Lonestar! They’ve only been getting better these past few years, and definitely seem to be really doing well in boa recently! I don’t know about Aledo being so high seeing how they did last year at boa, but otherwise a solid list! 

I definitely think they’re in finals here, they’ve already made it on several occasions previous and don’t seem to be regressing, haven’t seen any bit of their show, but I’m pretty confident in them

9 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

I love Lone Star, but imo I feel like they’re either lower half or don’t make finals. I am aware that they made finals, but it depends on how they perform for me to see. Aledo is a highly likely swap for Lonestar. I’ll see Lone Star perform likely, so I’ll be one to judge./

50 minutes ago, clarinetistkai05 said:

I love Lone Star, but imo I feel like they’re either lower half or don’t make finals. I am aware that they made finals, but it depends on how they perform for me to see. Aledo is a highly likely swap for Lonestar. I’ll see Lone Star perform likely, so I’ll be one to judge./

Lone star was the 5a state honor band champion this year. I have a feeling they are going into this season firing on all cylinders. I can't see them not making finals.

3 hours ago, Cityscapes said:

Lone star was the 5a state honor band champion this year. I have a feeling they are going into this season firing on all cylinders. I can't see them not making finals.

That’s just a small chunk of the band in wind ensemble. It really depends on how the rest of the band kids pull their strength. I do see Lone Star making finals depending on how well everyone pulls their weight.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 11:45 PM, Tubalord11 said:

I changed my mind and swapped Aledo for Lone Star for 9th place.

6 hours ago, tennertrumbow said:

I’ve heard indirectly from both a Flower Mound guard member and band parent that they have dropped BOA DFW to focus on UIL. Anyone know anything about this?

It’s very much possible, hopefully we’ll get the final schedule tomorrow, but seeing they aren’t doing SA I’d be very surprised unless they are planning on going to a different contest that uses UIL scoring…..possibly the McKinney comp🤷‍♂️ but I’d be surprised if they dropped this one.

1 hour ago, BandNerd07 said:

I feel like everyone is sleeping on Burleson Centennial. I've seen their show at the USBands Saginaw and Crowley Regionals and they're as good as ever. They could do some serious damage here, especially to the bottom half of finalists.

I do see them in finals, but idk. they got robbed a few times, so it really depends on the judges and what they like.

Here's what I'm currently thinking at the moment: 

1st. Hebron (Music/GE0

2nd. Flowermound (visual) 

3rd. Marcus 

4th. Coppell 

5th. Wakeland

6th. L.D. Bell 

7th. Timber Creek 

8th. Jenks 

9th. Waxahachie 

10th. Forney 

11th. Lonestar 

12th. Keller Central 

I could see TC and Bell moving around, Jenks a little higher seeing how they did this past weekend, maybe Coppell over Marcus? Marcus is normally cleaner early season and then Coppell towards the end, could also see Centennial, Lebanon Trail, Southlake Carroll and Aledo making finals. that 12th spot was kinda a guess, wishing I now had Southlake in but oh well. I'll be able to watch a good amount of prelims, no finals unfortunately. 

43 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Here's what I'm currently thinking at the moment: 

1st. Hebron (Music/GE0

2nd. Flowermound (visual) 

3rd. Marcus 

4th. Coppell 

5th. Wakeland

6th. L.D. Bell 

7th. Timber Creek 

8th. Jenks 

9th. Waxahachie 

10th. Forney 

11th. Lonestar 

12th. Keller Central 

I could see TC and Bell moving around, Jenks a little higher seeing how they did this past weekend, maybe Coppell over Marcus? Marcus is normally cleaner early season and then Coppell towards the end, could also see Centennial, Lebanon Trail, Southlake Carroll and Aledo making finals. that 12th spot was kinda a guess, wishing I now had Southlake in but oh well. I'll be able to watch a good amount of prelims, no finals unfortunately. 

Put Lone Star 12th and Aledo 11th for me. Aledo beat Keller Central last week at HEB.