2023 BOA Katy (Oct. 7)

LeanderMomma

On 12/19/2022 at 9:45 AM, LeanderMomma said:

The 2023 Katy Regional will be held Oct. 7 at Legacy Stadium in Katy, TX.

OFFICIAL PRELIMS SCHEDULE AS OF 08/22/2023

7:15 - Spring H.S., TX
7:30 - Shadow Creek H.S., TX
7:45 - Magnolia West H.S., TX
8:00 - Katy H.S., TX
8:15 - Franklin H.S., TX
8:30 - Pearland H.S., TX
8:45 - Tomball Memorial H.S., TX

BREAK

9:30 - Obra D. Tompkins H.S., TX
9:45 - James Bowie H.S., TX
10:00 - Cypress Falls H.S., TX
10:15 - Cypress Woods H.S., TX
10:30 - Cypress Park H.S., TX
10:45 - Paetow H.S., TX
11:00 - The Woodlands H.S., TX
11:15 - Cy-Fair H.S., TX
11:30 - Friendswood H.S., TX

BREAK

12:30 - Morton Ranch H.S., TX
12:45 - Ronald Reagan H.S., TX
1:00 - Bridgeland H.S., TX
1:15 - Seven Lakes H.S., TX
1:30 - Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX
1:45 - Cypress Ranch H.S., TX
2:00 - Dawson H.S., TX

BREAK

2:45 - James E. Taylor H.S., TX
3:00 - Foster H.S., TX
3:15 - Clear Springs H.S., TX
3:30 - Oak Ridge H.S., TX
3:45 - Cinco Ranch H.S., TX
4:00 - Churchill Fulshear H.S., TX
4:15 - Brazoswood H.S., TX

Is cedar ridge not going ?

On 12/19/2022 at 9:45 AM, LeanderMomma said:

The 2023 Katy Regional will be held Oct. 7 at Legacy Stadium in Katy, TX.

OFFICIAL PRELIMS SCHEDULE AS OF 08/22/2023

7:15 - Spring H.S., TX
7:30 - Shadow Creek H.S., TX
7:45 - Magnolia West H.S., TX
8:00 - Katy H.S., TX
8:15 - Franklin H.S., TX
8:30 - Pearland H.S., TX
8:45 - Tomball Memorial H.S., TX

BREAK

9:30 - Obra D. Tompkins H.S., TX
9:45 - James Bowie H.S., TX
10:00 - Cypress Falls H.S., TX
10:15 - Cypress Woods H.S., TX
10:30 - Cypress Park H.S., TX
10:45 - Paetow H.S., TX
11:00 - The Woodlands H.S., TX
11:15 - Cy-Fair H.S., TX
11:30 - Friendswood H.S., TX

BREAK

12:30 - Morton Ranch H.S., TX
12:45 - Ronald Reagan H.S., TX
1:00 - Bridgeland H.S., TX
1:15 - Seven Lakes H.S., TX
1:30 - Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX
1:45 - Cypress Ranch H.S., TX
2:00 - Dawson H.S., TX

BREAK

2:45 - James E. Taylor H.S., TX
3:00 - Foster H.S., TX
3:15 - Clear Springs H.S., TX
3:30 - Oak Ridge H.S., TX
3:45 - Cinco Ranch H.S., TX
4:00 - Churchill Fulshear H.S., TX
4:15 - Brazoswood H.S., TX

Is cedar ridge not going ?

8 hours ago, Lorenzo_Sax said:

My finals prediction in no order is  

•Pearland
•Cy-woods
•The woodlands
•Cy-Fair
•Friendswood
•Ronald Reagan
•Bridgeland
•Seven Lakes
•CTJ
•Oak Ridge
•Brazoswood
•Foster

no James Bowie???!! gaspfaint!!

they're doing Joe Hisaishi music, they'll be in finals, i don't care if it ends up being filthy and not finals worthy!!

thanks 4 reminding me of Foster tho, luv luv loved them last year and need to try to find a football vid.

imma be at this contest, was gonna try for the start of prelims but me being anywhere by 7:15am is a hellfreeze. will try for Pearland thru CTJ, miiight not make it if im boiling in the stands again. miserable miserable miserable last time, hoisted right up into the sun.

17 minutes ago, packwick said:

no James Bowie???!! gaspfaint!!

they're doing Joe Hisaishi music, they'll be in finals, i don't care if it ends up being filthy and not finals worthy!!

thanks 4 reminding me of Foster tho, luv luv loved them last year and need to try to find a football vid.

imma be at this contest, was gonna try for the start of prelims but me being anywhere by 7:15am is a hellfreeze. will try for Pearland thru CTJ, miiight not make it if im boiling in the stands again. miserable miserable miserable last time, hoisted right up into the sun.

I think they may not have realized as I didn’t that Bowie was coming here lol, it’s definitely gonna shake things up! While we don’t have CR anymore, this may be the strongest lineup for the Katy regional ever! It’s gonna be bloodbath to get into finals this year! 

17 hours ago, Lorenzo_Sax said:

My finals prediction in no order is  

•Pearland
•Cy-woods
•The woodlands
•Cy-Fair
•Friendswood
•Ronald Reagan
•Bridgeland
•Seven Lakes
•CTJ
•Oak Ridge
•Brazoswood
•Foster

I gotta agree with this one, I had the exact same list going in, but those top three slots I really am excited for, Between The Woodlands, CTJ, and Ronald Reagan, but MAYBE, just MAYBE, we can have cy-fair pop into a 3rd spot?

1 hour ago, Ranxh1938292 said:

I gotta agree with this one, I had the exact same list going in, but those top three slots I really am excited for, Between The Woodlands, CTJ, and Ronald Reagan, but MAYBE, just MAYBE, we can have cy-fair pop into a 3rd spot?

really doubt they'd be able to snag a 3rd place spot, the split between reagan and fair (3rd and 4th) last year was 2 points, unless one of the top three has an outrageously bad run, fair will likely be in the 6th-4th place area

41 minutes ago, solyxx said:

really doubt they'd be able to snag a 3rd place spot, the split between reagan and fair (3rd and 4th) last year was 2 points, unless one of the top three has an outrageously bad run, fair will likely be in the 6th-4th place area

That is true, It’d be surprising if it did happen, I highly do doubt they would be able to get in a 3rd place spot, and while it would be impressive, the chances are extremely, very, extremely, slim, very.

On 9/6/2023 at 10:38 AM, solyxx said:

I forgot twhs was going since they weren’t here last year, I’ve got my top 3 locked(slightly)

But is anyone else looking at these contest times And thinking to themselves have awesome this competition is going to be? I mean we have Cy-Fair going after the woodlands, and we have Reagan, Bridgeland, Seven Lakes, and CTJ going in that order,

really excited to see how it maybe effects the score of these upcoming future powerhouse bands (seven lakes, cy fair, bridgeland)going after Texas powerhouses like ctj and Reagan!

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, ChristopherRoden said:

I think this contest has a huge bubble, not quite as big as Conroe, where I think half of the finalists are going to be bubble bands, but nonetheless 

My predictions for Conroe finalists have quite a few new faces in the mix, and it also has a list bands that used to dominate the Houston area but have since gone downhill.

3 hours ago, packwick said:

not sure of champ yet. i think twhs, ctj, reagan, and prooobably pearland will be safe in the top 4 tho im hoping for some upsets. bridgeland looks top half+ finals good but no idea about their music, will prob be battling cy woods, cy fair, and seven lakes for top half. be surprised if any of those 4 miss finals entirely. haven't seen seven lakes yet, theyve been performing a football show instead of their competitive show, seen that one, not very useful lol. conroe stream + results should help.

hoping bowie improves on their 12th place from last weekend, just need to clean clean cleeeean. still early season, they've got time to clean for Nats.

haven't heard friendswood but seen the vis. really eye popping w/ everyone in red + the ramp/stage upfront. guard is fab, def strong open class. this a Vanderkolff program? gettin' those vibes. show is called Follies! features Sondheim music. should be a good time.

so those 10 probably in finals w/ 2 spots left but H-town is notoooriously hard to predict, tho i think we're gonna start seeing some stability + improvements that'll turn some heads. lots of programs in this area that are pretty well rounded w/ both strong band members + guard.

oh also there's one judge on panel who gives me pause LOL. but i also haven't seen this judge on a tx panel (any panel?) in like 20 years, + it's really just one super out of step result etched into my memory lol. ill cut him some slack.

Me just over here trying to figure out who you're talking about in that last paragraph. 🧐 "But they've... But they've all judged in Texas the past 20 years... I'm so confused..." 😂

I still need to see a more recent video of Johnson and Reagan, with all the costumes and whatnot.

I'm also still wondering if Pearland or some other band can sneak into the top 3 here, like a Rouse-style upset. That would be really cool. It's about time for Houston to dominate at their own regional!

16 minutes ago, Rubisco said:

Me just over here trying to figure out who you're talking about in that last paragraph. 🧐 "But they've... But they've all judged in Texas the past 20 years... I'm so confused..." 😂

I still need to see a more recent video of Johnson and Reagan, with all the costumes and whatnot.

I'm also still wondering if Pearland or some other band can sneak into the top 3 here, like a Rouse-style upset. That would be really cool. It's about time for Houston to dominate at their own regional!

I very much believe and think that Pearland could pull off a Rouse-style upset and be in the top 3. It's won't be easy, but I'd love for them to achieve a new level of success, especially with them going to Grand nats this year. They've got such a beautiful and very well designed show.... the sky is the limit for this program, excited to see how far they end up going! 

2 hours ago, packwick said:

not sure of champ yet. i think twhs, ctj, reagan, and prooobably pearland will be safe in the top 4 tho im hoping for some upsets. bridgeland looks top half+ finals good but no idea about their music, will prob be battling cy woods, cy fair, and seven lakes for top half. be surprised if any of those 4 miss finals entirely. haven't seen seven lakes yet, theyve been performing a football show instead of their competitive show, seen that one, not very useful lol. conroe stream + results should help.

hoping bowie improves on their 12th place from last weekend, just need to clean clean cleeeean. still early season, they've got time to clean for Nats.

haven't heard friendswood but seen the vis. really eye popping w/ everyone in red + the ramp/stage upfront. guard is fab, def strong open class. this a Vanderkolff program? gettin' those vibes. show is called Follies! features Sondheim music. should be a good time.

so those 10 probably in finals w/ 2 spots left but H-town is notoooriously hard to predict, tho i think we're gonna start seeing some stability + improvements that'll turn some heads. lots of programs in this area that are pretty well rounded w/ both strong band members + guard.

oh also there's one judge on panel who gives me pause LOL. but i also haven't seen this judge on a tx panel (any panel?) in like 20 years, + it's really just one super out of step result etched into my memory lol. ill cut him some slack.

I’ll currently give the edge to Reagan, then TWHS, then CTJ. Pearland is definitely in contention for 4th I think. Bridgeland needs to clean both visual and music (at least so I’ve heard) 

12 minutes ago, ChristopherRoden said:

I’ll currently give the edge to Reagan, then TWHS, then CTJ. Pearland is definitely in contention for 4th I think. Bridgeland needs to clean both visual and music (at least so I’ve heard) 

Yes.. Bridgelands music's package is ROUGH. Not sure what's going on over there. Maybe a band director change or staff change...? We'll see if they can clean that for finals. 

I think Pearland will do well. Saw a video of them from last week and they've really starting to turn it up! 

My prediction are Reagan, TWHS, Pearland, then CTJ. I have Bridgeland bottom half unfortunately due to their performance quality. Thinking CyFair HS top half..? Curious to some how some of those bands from BOA Austin will do at this show. 

1 hour ago, Cy-FairDad said:

Yes.. Bridgelands music's package is ROUGH. Not sure what's going on over there. Maybe a band director change or staff change...? We'll see if they can clean that for finals. 

I think Pearland will do well. Saw a video of them from last week and they've really starting to turn it up! 

My prediction are Reagan, TWHS, Pearland, then CTJ. I have Bridgeland bottom half unfortunately due to their performance quality. Thinking CyFair HS top half..? Curious to some how some of those bands from BOA Austin will do at this show. 

I’m looking forward to seeing how they improve. I’m not aware of any staff changes at Bridgeland. I think Cy Fair could definitely be top half, I’ll be more solid in my predictions this weekend after BOA Conroe. 

2 hours ago, ChristopherRoden said:

pity about B-land's music, if true!! their vis is strong relative to the field, esp guard.

9 hours ago, ChristopherRoden said:

I’m looking forward to seeing how they improve. I’m not aware of any staff changes at Bridgeland. I think Cy Fair could definitely be top half, I’ll be more solid in my predictions this weekend after BOA Conroe. 

I don’t think any staff has changed. They’ll be performing at a non-BOA event on Saturday. As in their musical package, I’m not really sure what’s going on with their music this year, I’m just hoping they can clean it up. I could see Cy-fair placing ahead of Pearland into the 4th place spot like they did last year but I’ve got those top 3 spots locked up, although another rouse would be a nice surprise maybe by Pearland or cy-fair for one of those top 3 spots.