2023 BOA Prosper (Oct. 14)

LeanderMomma

3 minutes ago, JazzRun said:

I was thinking about Lovejoy this morning with their 7:15am performance time! Sooo early. I’m so happy to hear they had a great run!

Was definitely imo their best comp run, much improved Volume wise and not any big mess ups, weather was definitely much better for them here than the almost 100 at Wylie

9 hours ago, BandFanForever said:

I'm so nervous! Our kids fielded the rest of their show today, and it's really complicated, so it's going to be a big test for them tomorrow. And they have their prelims performance during the eclipse. That could either be epically cool or a total train wreck depending on the lighting situation. If it gets too dark and there aren't lights, the kids won't be able to see and neither will the judges and the whole situation could be a huge distraction. Eek! On pins and needles already. Good luck to everyone!!!

It’s gonna be fine.    The eclipse will feel more like a dusk.    Not darkness.    Also- that closer is about to put people on notice.    October surprise!

Just now, Tubalord11 said:

Watching Wakeland is like watching a drum core….I’m speechless right now! Such powerful, rich yet controlled sounds, incredible soloist, and that visual package is no joke, they are here to defend their win, and I think they probably will. I mean wow Wakeland, can’t wait to see them again tonight!

Erm, drum corp*🤓, but really Wakeland was strong, wouldnt be surprised to see them win

Another great and very entertaining show from Waxahachie! As someone who watched Yellowstone, it was very nice hearing it at the beginning! Very beautiful ensemble sound, great marching, and I loved the high amount of GE, especially the “Boom” when they find the gold at the end! Just a great show all around! Wonderful job Waxahachie!

Such a cute show from Highland Park! Love the uniforms, and the elevator prop is so cool! I feel like they need to have a bit more serious themes to really compete well, especially now that they are 6A, but they look and sound great! Guard was very clean, and the sax soloist in the ballad was incredible. Great job Highlander band!

Hello there Prosper!!! That is one mighty big sound (pun intended)!!! That opening hit was so powerful, wonderful soloist throughout, guard was great, I mean holy cow they killed it! I could easily see them medaling here, but the sky is the limit for them this year! Just amazing work all around, great job Prosper Eagle band! 

7 minutes ago, Origin said:

Prosper was really great. Love how big the show feels visually. Kinda disappointed that the show is literally Broken Arrow 2019 with some different music. 

Unfortunately, that’s a classic Cartwright move-recycling shows and concepts for different bands. Glad to hear Prosper is performing it well!

Very strong performance from McKinney Boyd! Love the clarinet soloist in the ballad, just such a professional sound, great ensemble sounds, and that percussion is incredible. I think they may struggle a little in the GE department, but I think their cleanliness alone should be enough to get them into finals, we’ll see. Great job Mckinney Boyd! 

Great performance from McKinney! That guard is stellar, and I love their musical selections! Amazing soloist, really good playing and they look really good. I definitely think they will make finals and I may be crazy, but maybe state at area this year, it’s a great show and they are performing it very well. Great job Mckinney!