2023 BOA Grand National Championships (Nov. 9-11)

josephbandfan

Just now, Origin said:

TWHS is a visual FEAST. That flag work is infinitely cleaner and more effective than what any other band is putting out there, I’ve truly never seen anything that good. It’s also SO satisfying seeing all those feet in time and the effect it creates with the uniform. 

Absolutely! The Woodlands show is a BOA/WGI combined event.

The Woodlands......I've been left speechless after what I just witnessed. Guard; WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!! Lot's of WOWS! They surely aren't humans, must be aliens because what they just did is 2nd to none! Best music performance of the season, Mellos killing their licks right of the back, soloist were amazing, not stickouts, I mean HELLO WOODLANDS! They did not come to play, could see them taking the Eagle or coming very close. Oh and visually, out of this world, so freaking clean, amazing job The Woodlands! 

34 minutes ago, Meltmyfacemellos said:

Where is everyone seeing the scores for semis? I don’t see them on the boa website 😅

I personally don’t know any actual scores, as I’m sure most posting don’t. Based on semifinal placements and caption winners,  I think it’s fair to deduce that the top 4 or 5 is quite competitive with each other.

For instance, Hebron wins Music for 4A but does not earn a class medal in semifinals (their music scores were better than all of 1-3).

Inversely, The Woodlands places 3rd in 4A without a single caption win - indicating The Woodlands’ scores were trending towards the top of each caption, without ever being the actual caption champion. 

Unless the Carmel show is just an unbeatable GE monster (which we don’t know yet), these kind of results point to the bands all being neck and neck in semis. Of course it’s always the case, but achieving consistency in the judging sheets is extremely key with a deep talent pool like tonight’s

Wow Avon, Wow! We'll see how Carmel does but wouldn't be surprised at all if they took visual, will be VERY close between them and Woodlands. Musically I'm satisfied throughout the entire show, great sounds all around! Guard and percussion are also incredible! Don't see them not medaling, but anything is possible, amazing job Avon! 

Carmel's execution is currently unmatched. The show is a GE machine! Visually, I think not as clean as semis, I still see personally Avon/TW's taking it, still have faith in Hebron to win it all, but wow that was really, freaking, clean! Did here some stickouts musically though, especially in the 1st trumpet towards the end, could cost them, but I'm wouldn't be surprised if they won. Don't think that's impossible to beat but also doing so would be VERY hard, great job Carmel, really enjoyed that performance, especially musically! 

The design of William Mason's show, PERFECT!!! From start to finish they are executing at such a high level!!! Great sounds all the time, beautiful ensemble/soloist sounds all around! Guard was such a treat to watch, visually stunning, I mean wow Mason, just wow! Such an emotionally powerful and beautiful, could be my favorite show they've ever done, amazing job William Mason! 

William Mason is the epitome of current day Cartwright visual effect. The synchronization of all the flags and the added layer of the big skirts on the band is so impressive. Though, the show feels too similar to last year for me to have them any higher than 5th tonight. Kinda feel like I’ve seen the show before even though I haven’t.