2023 BOA Grand National Championships (Nov. 9-11)

josephbandfan

1 minute ago, Hard Core Band Fan said:

Just curious how you assess a win for them without seeing at least three other serious contenders.

Just me being absolutely blown away from that performance lol 

Obviously my opinion my change, but that was just a type of performance that I've never seen done in terms of overall execution, demand......I'm just speechless 

Hebron, oh my... 

Absolutely speechless. I watched this from my living room and my goodness, I can feel their energy through my tv. I have only seen people already standing up and cheering before the show was over for DCI groups. I have never seen it in BOA. I did catch some very very minor mistakes through the multicam, but I would be shocked if this doesn't win music and general effect. The technical demand for the musicians on the field is off the charts. The color guard was also very clean and spot on. Beautifully executed performance. BRAVO HEBRON!

I’m very surprised this Lawrence Township show was not well received at Indy SR, so I’m glad they’re getting some better recognition here. Their field design sure is busy! I’m not sure I’ve seen a show from them since they were still divided as Lawrence Central in 2013. This is a completely different band!

GO ROCK! GO BAND! GO ROCK BAND!!! 

Another stellar performance from this group! Bone/Trumpet soloist and the end, chef's kiss! Guard was amazing, adding so many additional colors to the show. Great sounds all around, drill was very clean, and I'm sure we will be seeing them again tonight, stellar performance Dragon Band! 

Just now, maxin459 said:

I am bummed that this is an off year for Tarpon - I love their show this year and would like to see how they would do nats.

100%! I'd say they would be another one of my bands to win. Their show just makes me think of BD, and I would have loved to see them here, although it's one more spot for a TX band to potentially make finals, so Ig there's something good out of the not being here 

I heard a lot of hoopla about Fishers on a certain other website. They’re certainly a crowd pleaser! It’s definitely a fun show. I’m thinking Bowie may be sitting closer to the finals cutoff than I thought! Musically, even the higher-tier Indiana schools seem to be no match for that classic TX sound! I’m wondering if GE judges will reward Fishers’ very cute production, though.

Great performance from Fishers! Love me some Christmas shows, and the singing at the end was a nice touch to finish the show! Great soloist and sounds all around, and guard was excellent! I do think however the vocalist may end hurting them more than helping them, just the sound of her voice was very dark in a very bright show, so I do wonder how the judges will take that, but she sounded great and had a wonderful tone. Definitely a bubble band and we may see them again tonight, great job Fishers!