Favorite Band Member Interactions

So my favorite interaction was also from 5A SMC in 2017. It was after they announced Finalists and my band was walking to our bus to go home when I ran into a Sousaphone player from Cedar Park. I asked him if he was from CP and he was, and then he asked me what band I was in, and I told him Lumberton. He told me that my band had a really good show. I was shocked! Apparently he knew who we were and watched our show from the beginning of the season to the SMC and loved it! Of course I had soo many great things to say about CP and we just spent around 5 minutes talking to each other! It was great meeting with a band member from a nationally recognized band program! 

This encounter is sort of similar to a band member interaction. At the football game last Friday it was Hebron’s hoco and we were playing Irving Nimitz. The Nimitz flutes were doing some fun choreography in the stands, so the Hebron flutes started doing it too and then the Nimitz flutes put their flutes together to make a heart. And so did the hebron flutes and they went back and forth communicating the entire night. It was quite special and quite fun. They spelled at the word hi and then they asked each other to hoco, (we said yes) and when it was time to leave they spelled the word bye with a heart. One of my favorite football games. We are currently in a group chat with them on social media.

Oh that is so awesome!  That's what it's all about!!

I’ve had a lot of cool interactions with other schools in region band, jazz (esp. Katy All-Star; those guys were fun), orchestra, etc. However, BOA McAllen 2018 takes the cake. A group including a few friends and myself decided to go around meeting students from other schools, and we took to Brazoswood first. We met students from their loading crew, and incidentally we were all also part of loading crew from our school. We talked for a long while and learned each other’s “loading-crew lingo”, and thereafter the group got together on Instagram. It was a ton of fun.

They even met up with us months later, at UIL State. Great guys.

I’ve had a lot of cool interactions with other schools in region band, jazz (esp. Katy All-Star; those guys were fun), orchestra, etc. However, BOA McAllen 2018 takes the cake. A group including a few friends and myself decided to go around meeting students from other schools, and we took to Brazoswood first. We met students from their loading crew, and incidentally we were all also part of loading crew from our school. We talked for a long while and learned each other’s “loading-crew lingo”, and thereafter the group got together on Instagram. It was a ton of fun.

They even met up with us months later, at UIL State. Great guys.

I always form a lot of friendships at region and other competitions like it, that's one of the reasons I love band so much.