Area B 2018

Has there been a decline in the former 5A powerhouses like Duncanville, LD Bell, and Coppell? Or have the smaller bands that moved up in the class restructuring just continued to improve past them?

Is it reasonable to think that the 2017 5A medalists (Cedar Park, Dripping Springs, and Waxahachie) will have similar success in 6A this year?

Yes.....to all of this. 

And maybe it's not a "decline" as much as it is all of the other bands are rising to the level of their competition.  Bands in Coppell and Bell vicinity like Prosper, Haltom, Richland, Waxahachie, etc. are "stepping things up".  Bell is Bell...Coppell is Coppell...they're always great.  But they have been taken over by FloMo, Hebron, CTJ...those programs stepped it up to other-worldly levels and over-took Bell and even Marcus, to an extent.

I’m here at the trinity & haltom football game because I love me some football and both teams are really good and it’s a good game and I just watched halftime and I got some comments

Trinity has improved so so much this year like not in a way to make finals against these bands but they really do sound great and I love the improvements.

From watching haltom last week to now . So much has changed . New start for guard . They didn’t have props cause rain but it didn’t take away from it . The sound is so strong and visually they look great. Also timing wise which is what I saw as the problem last week was 75 percent better . And that’s just a hard show in general like paying attention closely without props it’s a harddd show. I say this genuinely but I wouldn’t count them out trust me . The improvements in 1 weeks is so high and I can’t imagine what it’s gonna be like in 2 full week for area and then 3 full weeks for boa and hopefully state. I’m really sad the contest for tomorrow is canceled cause it would’ve been a great opportunity to watch all those area b bands .

Any who back to my game.

I think they have a good shot at finals tbh

IMO the last couple of spots in finals aren’t as solidified as a lot of people are making them out to be. I believe bands like trinity, Martin, and any of the Mansfield schools have an equal shot for finals over bands like central and maybe even Richland. Both Mansfield and Martin made finals last state year, scoring higher than Central in both prelims and finals, and I know for a fact that both bands have only improved in those two years.

You know....I was going to say that "at least State won't get rained out" but then I remembered this happened at the Alamodome....the pregame fireworks set off the sprinklers.

I think we're safe as long as none of the shows have pyrotechnics.......none of the shows have pyrotechnics, right? RIGHT?!?!

gallery_xlarge.jpg

LOL... thanks for making me laugh this morning!!

You know....I was going to say that "at least State won't get rained out" but then I remembered this happened at the Alamodome....the pregame fireworks set off the sprinklers.

I think we're safe as long as none of the shows have pyrotechnics.......none of the shows have pyrotechnics, right? RIGHT?!?!

gallery_xlarge.jpg

I was hoping this would come up!!

Yes. The very first Spurs game at The Alamodome was delayed an hour because the firework celebration set off the water cannons.

I am starting to think all this rain is Plano Senior's fault and their show, entitled Kokopelli Dances.

Among other things, the Kokopelli mythical person is: 

Among ancient rain and water symbols, he plays his flute to plead for moisture sufficient for his tribe’s corn, beans and squash to grow....

Maybe their show is stuck in the "rain mode",  LOL.     

I am starting to think all this rain is Plano Senior's fault and their show, entitled Kokopelli Dances.

Among ancient rain and water symbols, he plays his flute to plead for moisture sufficient for his tribe’s corn, beans and squash to grow....

Maybe their show is stuck in the "rain mode", LOL.

Well curse Plano East

Maybe their show is stuck in the "rain mode",  LOL.     

Ok, then...now we're getting somewhere!!!

All we need now is an old flute from Plano East to use as a sacrifice!!!

:lol: :lol: