BOA Conroe 2018

I’ll be Honest I am wondering how strong the bottom of Finals is because to be honest I and a lot of people (band directors included) didn’t think Churchill was very strong at Austin. For people to put them from 5-8 doesn’t show the bottom half of Finals very strong. Is that what everyone really thinks or is that what you think the judges will rank them.

I like Churchill's show. Its nothing special but I think it is better along than they were at this time last year. Someone else mentioned that its been ages since they missed out on a BOA regional final, too. I think they perform what they have well, but it will get passed up as the season progresses by people with more GE power.

I like Churchill's show. Its nothing special but I think it is better along than they were at this time last year. Someone else mentioned that its been ages since they missed out on a BOA regional final, too. I think they perform what they have well, but it will get passed up as the season progresses by people with more GE power.

I love Churchill and root for them every year. Sadly for them, I think you're right on. It's a solid show and they perform it well. I loved having the band kids come up to the stand to sing and the band sounds really good and they're marching it cleanly. But the GE isn't there in terms of the overall design of the show. Edited to add that I do think they can make finals at Houston.

I love Churchill and root for them every year. Sadly for them, I think you're right on. It's a solid show and they perform it well. I loved having the band kids come up to the stand to sing and the band sounds really good and they're marching it cleanly. But the GE isn't there in terms of the overall design of the show. Edited to add that I do think they can make finals at Houston.

I think they will make Finals too. Churchill is still a great school but I do believe there are many bands closing in on the top and since kids are kids I would really like for BOA to be as fair as possible and hopefully Churchill being out of Finals is not something the judges take in mind in if there is a school that deserve to be in.

I’m new to this but I’ve read these forums for years now. I’ll take a crack at the top ten...

1. Woodlands

2. Vandegrift

3. Reagan

4. Bowie

5. Churchill (They tend to be stronger earlier in the season but with a score of 73.6 vs Vandegrift 82.3 at BOA Austin they may not be guaranteed top 5)

6. Cy-Fair

7. Pearland

8. SFA (not sure completely about this band because it’s been a while since they have been competitive at a BOA competition)

9. Clear Brook

10. Bubble

Top 6 are for sure locks.

The upper bubble competing for the last four spots consist of those listed, plus Seven Lakes, Brazoswood, James E Taylor, and Oak Ridge. I’ve heard great things about Seven Lakes but have tried not to buy into the hype. We’ll see if they have made as much of a jump in their program as it seems this Saturday with some very stiff competition.

I’m new to this but I’ve read these forums for years now. I’ll take a crack at the top ten...

1. Woodlands

2. Vandegrift

3. Reagan

4. Bowie

5. Churchill (They tend to be stronger earlier in the season but with a score of 73.6 vs Vandegrift 82.3 at BOA Austin they may not be guaranteed top 5)

6. Cy-Fair

7. Pearland

8. SFA (not sure completely about this band because it’s been a while since they have been competitive at a BOA competition)

9. Clear Brook

10. Bubble

Top 6 are for sure locks.

The upper bubble competing for the last four spots consist of those listed, plus Seven Lakes, Brazoswood, James E Taylor, and Oak Ridge. I’ve heard great things about Seven Lakes but have tried not to buy into the hype. We’ll see if they have made as much of a jump in their program as it seems this Saturday with some very stiff competition.

agree but put clearbrook as bubble and replace with seven lakes

I know churchill's show lacks GE so far this season, but I have heard rumors of props being added to the show in the very near future. Whether that means this weekend or after I have no clue, but once they clean the music over the course of the season I feel like the show will be very strong. IMO their visual is already better than in years past

I know churchill's show lacks GE so far this season, but I have heard rumors of props being added to the show in the very near future. Whether that means this weekend or after I have no clue, but once they clean the music over the course of the season I feel like the show will be very strong. IMO their visual is already better than in years past

Some of the space in the drill and the theme calls for that IMO. Should be a great addition if true.