BOA Austin 2018

Quick Review so far, praying for better weather.

Vista Ridge: wow really coming for it this year, their sound was big and they looked great for late September. I also hope they focus on concept as GE becomes needed to keep up with the other top bands.This is a BOA show through and through no doubting that.

Cedar Park: What is there to say this group never loses it's stride. They sound and look great they never miss those long brass hits which makes them look larger then they are. Well done, we will also see them in finals.

Cedar Ridge: This group was musically stunning every year there is a show based on Arabian nights and many miss the mark. They seemed to be focusing on making state finals this year which they were on the edge in 2016. They have a real shot this year. They are like the Marian Catholic of TX its hard to see them missing finals tonight.

Please Rain Go Away!

CTJ really did look a lot better this week.  

I made my own rankings throughout the day, and somehow I ended up with Cedar Ridge much lower than I think they should have been.  I remember enjoying their show, but I think because it was so early, when I was comparing bands I forgot how they were and put others over them and now I have them missing out on finals.  Its so hard to anticipate what is going to happen when there are so many great groups and you aren't as trained to notice all of the technical details in the individuals.