2018 Show Announcements

Yes - was floored by their size - they have always had a huge/powerful sound on the field but with their growth in members they will shake the stands. the concept of the show is rock solid and should be a real crowd please - just like last year

Yeah I know that they have 345 members this year, and I saw a video of them playing their opener back in the spring that already sounded amazing so I can imagine them being absolutely stellar this year - even more so than last year.

Yeah I know that they have 345 members this year, and I saw a video of them playing their opener back in the spring that already sounded amazing so I can imagine them being absolutely stellar this year - even more so than last year.

looking forward to Fall Fest this year - looking froward to seeing all the NEISD shows as they develop 

looking forward to Fall Fest this year - looking froward to seeing all the NEISD shows as they develop

September 21 CTJohnson vs Ronald Reagan should be a wall of sound. CTJ with 345 and Reagan with 349! They keep building around here so those numbers will keep going up. The Fall festival is October 2 so we get to see Churchill and Madison too. Madison has a large band but I haven’t heard how many- any Madison folks know?

Martin is one of those rare programs where the band is very large and very good but their orchestra is larger and they were also the TMEA 2017 and 2019 Honor Orchestra. They have something like a thousand string kids in their K-12 ladder.

Oh yeah, I’m very proud of the great all-around fine arts department we have there, even prouder to have been a part of the orchestra that was chosen to TMEA this year even though I won’t be a part of it, can’t wait to see all of my friends taking part in that AMAZING TMEA experience next year!

September 21 CTJohnson vs Ronald Reagan should be a wall of sound. CTJ with 345 and Reagan with 349! They keep building around here so those numbers will keep going up. The Fall festival is October 2 so we get to see Churchill and Madison too. Madison has a large band but I haven’t heard how many- any Madison folks know?

And trust me, we have a wall of sound as well this year. There’s a vid somewhere on the tube to prove it if you look for it. Pm me if you want it.

Johnson will not be there - they will already be in South Texas for the McAllen BOA Regional - 

Leander's guard, wow. So much complexity and simultaneous stuff going on with them and they're SO well staged. They're taking that WGI win from April and just running with it.

You’re right. I hadn’t really thought about how much the color guard is featured in this show so I went back and watched it just now, and you aren’t kidding. It’s almost like the show is written around the color guard. And they’re killing it this year with choreography, flags, rifles and sabers. It’s a beautiful show. Perhaps my favorite so far from Leander. I almost wish they had saved this one for Grand Nats next year. Especially since UIL doesn’t reward color guard like BOA does. But it’s not just the color guard. The solos are fantastic, the drill is interesting and constantly moving and changing, and the music kicks ...... butt. ;-)

I really like the show as well. I hope there is more coming from those props though. I agree with a previous statement that they seem a bit bulky and unnecessary right now, but they might just not be at their final stage and fully incorporated into the theme of the show.

I don't have any insider information, but given the way Leander likes to wait until competition time to bling out their props and make them more obviously related to the theme, I'm guessing all will be made more clear as the weeks go by. And since the theme is Polarity, I'm betting those big boxes are giant magnets. If so, they won't stay white much longer. ;-)