First Friday Night Lights Performances

Here's a more recent video of Avon. It looks like they're nearly, though not quite done with their show. On the whole, I'd say it's creepy and quirky, but also thoroughly entertaining. I'm not sure I like the voice-over. "Disaaaaster! Man-made Disaaaster!" It's a bit cheesy. Also, I'm wondering how cold it was during this performance. I still think the sound that they're producing is very thin, very brittle. They need to play with calmer, deeper air. Maybe relax their embouchures a bit, too. The sound just isn't very sonorous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvqUMB8CPsE

Here's a more recent video of Avon. It looks like they're nearly, though not quite done with their show. On the whole, I'd say it's creepy and quirky, but also thoroughly entertaining. I'm not sure I like the voice-over. "Disaaaaster! Man-made Disaaaster!" It's a bit cheesy. Also, I'm wondering how cold it was during this performance. I still think the sound that they're producing is very thin, very brittle. They need to play with calmer, deeper air. Maybe relax their embouchures a bit, too. The sound just isn't very sonorous.

Looks like it was fairly cool there as everyone had jackets on. It's a nice show and sounds way better than the earlier videos I saw. Their guard is very impressive!

I didn't even realize this, but there's another video of The Woodlands on that person's YouTube account. It's part of their first movement from August, before they had their props, costumes, and flags. They're performing it WAY slower here than they are now, so it's sort of a baby steps performance, but it's worth a watch. Just imagine it faster and with more bells and whistles. Musically, I find this video way more heartening than the more recent one, though there's more parking and playing, and it's slowed down considerably.

I may regret posting this as it may get taken down, but here's a really high def version of vista from the TMC (there's some other bands posted on that channel as well)

The quality really let's you see some of the nuances of this show. I think with a few tweaks this show will definitely be in the medal conversation at state.

What a performance by Leander in that video! Everything seemed to lock in during that one run. It's scary to think that this show still has about two weeks of cleaning left. Up to right now I had Reagan as the favorite for BOA SA but if groups preform like this it may be anyone's game. There is just so many elite programs this year in the running.

As for UIL State I think that it will be a two horse race for the gold between Cedar Park and Leander. Wakeland and Vandegrift are both solid programs that could medal as well but I think that they are behind the pace of the leaders.

These next two weeks are going to be very interesting! 

Leander is no doubt on the verge of being the next Grand National Champion i really wished they would have went this year. Ronald Reagan better prepare for a fight in San Antonio because Leander has certainly showed they really want 1st. As for state their biggest threat is Cedar Park and Vandi who (judging by the past may come out at the top) due to the difference in the way both contest are judged (Example CTJ lost to Marcus). but of course anything can happen :)

Saw a pic of TW's new uniforms. Much more modern, colorful, sleek look. Interested to see how it makes their show look.. still haven't seen video

They are cool! Very similar to Reagan's new uniform, while still very unique. My only complaint is how the green is a little too bright and fluorescent, but the leaf design is dope nonetheless.

Maybe I'm in the minority (it appears that I am). But I don't love that green, or the leaf design.  I think it will be one of those ideas that was better in theory than in practice.  I think that pick of the jacket already looks cluttered and messy and the green may wash them out a little with a football field underneath their feet (possibly intentionally).  Just my opinion, but I prefer their old unis.

Leander is no doubt on the verge of being the next Grand National Champion i really wished they would have went this year. Ronald Reagan better prepare for a fight in San Antonio because Leander has certainly showed they really want 1st. As for state their biggest threat is Cedar Park and Vandi who (judging by the past may come out at the top) due to the difference in the way both contest are judged (Example CTJ lost to Marcus). but of course anything can happen :)

Let's not jump to too many conclusions. Unless you've recently seen all the other possible 8-10 groups that could be fighting for the top spot next weekend I wouldn't say that it'll only be Leander and Ronald Reagan fighting for 1st. I will say that Leander has a very complete and strong program and its tending to be just as strong as last year's showing, but I wouldn't count out groups like Hebron, Flower Mound, Marcus, The Woodlands, CTJ, or even James Bowie besting them in San Antonio as other groups complete their shows and clean up. The one thing I think that will hurt Leander is that I would've like to see more intricate and difficult drill from them if they really wanted to compete with some of the big 4A groups at BOA this year. It just looked to me that there was a lot of areas where, yes they are doing body movement, but they are standing and playing. I love their music A LOT, but I just don't know how their visuals will compete especially with how intense the competition is this year. It's could be the difference of a placement in a caption on determining their overall placement.

Maybe I'm in the minority (it appears that I am). But I don't love that green, or the leaf design.  I think it will be one of those ideas that was better in theory than in practice.  I think that pick of the jacket already looks cluttered and messy and the green may wash them out a little with a football field underneath their feet (possibly intentionally).  Just my opinion, but I prefer their old unis.

I prefer it to the "pajama-looking" uniforms I've seen.......that said, I wish they'd have kept some silver....