Copperas Cove HS, Copperas Cove, TX

Georgetown HS, Georgetown, TX

John Jay HS, San Antonio, TX

Sandra Day O'Connor HS, Helotes, TX

Pflugerville HS, Pflugerville, TX

Round Rock HS, Round Rock, TX

Weslaco HS, Weslaco, TX

Exhibition Performance: Westlake High School, Austin, TX

theres the participants...I can't find the schedule. But this looks to be very good. Very interesting to see a lot of Area D now.

Our first 5A performance with all the Austin area 5A schools!!!

Also congrats on BOA Arlington. I was very impressed by your show it was amazing

Hmm....my thoughts on a few of the bands:

Cedar Park will most likely win....They proved themselves at Arlington this year that they're riding a good wind this time around.

Georgetown will do very well....They beat Cedar Park at this contest last year and was just a hair shy of topping Bowie's score, making them the runner-up. This contest's scoring system has a heavy Music component and this has always been Georgetown's strongest suit. I have them in the top 3.

Bowie....I haven't heard much on Bowie this year. They're the reigning champions for this contest and they just recently won the Capital City Festival so they're obviously expected to give a good show. Will they win? Probably not, Cedar Park is amazing....but they also will do very well I imagine, I also have them in the top 3.

Connally did very poorly at Westlake last year (I think they barely made finals)....I don't understand why, as they did extremely well in the end-season (4A State finals.....top 3 I think?). They had a good show at Arlington, but I'm curious to see whether their strength lies in design or in the music....if it's the latter then Connally will do very well, if it's the former they could have some trouble.

Akins won their class at Cap City just this weekend, and being a former 5A State finalist last time around and scoring in the teens at BOA SA last year....Let's see if that stopping power has carried over into this year.

I am so super excited for westlake. I havent seen Bowies show yet but i kinda want to. I havent been able to see many shows. At arlington, right after our performance, we left for lunch and got back just in time to hear prelim announcements and who made finals. they wouldnt let us off the buses for some dumb reason. And then after our finals performance we kinda just stood around and chatted but we didnt like go back and watch the other bands. I saw marcus's props probably cause theyre like 10 feet tall lol, but sadly thats about it. So hopefully when we go to westlake, i will be able to see many more performances. So im phyched. :]

Iv been hearing a lot about connallys show(cause i have a friend from there) but i havent gotten the chance to see it. I hear theyre show is real good this year. I hope i get to see it. I remember seeing Ourspace, and that was a great show. Excited to see what they have in store this year. And id like to welcome them also to 5A this year. Im sure theyll go far. :]

anyway, thats my 2 cents about everything. lol :P

See you all thats going this saturday, best of luck to everyone! ^_^

yeh some defense to last years connally performance we had 2 contests that day and we were worn out nobody took anything seriously so on and so forth... turning point of the season though which made our best state performance ever

2ND IN STATE!!!!

anyway im very excited abt the competition this year the 5A block seems to be very competitive gives us a great look at all area d bands from the austin area and should be a great deal of competition.

Wow, looks like word got out about TXbands in the Cedar Park band :P

Sandra Day O'Connor High School will be attending. It kind of surprised me when I found out because usually bands in our district don't go to competitions outside of local competitions and USSBA. But props to them for going to a harder competition.

I am soooo excited for this saturday. It's a chance for redemption from our horrible finals performance last year (anyone from CP you know what I mean). Bowie should be some tough competition, not to mention all the other very talented bands.

Oh, and rpd: it's because one of our band directors mentioned it briefly and people were told that BOA Arlington results were here. Not to mention the site was created by CP kids...I think...someone verify that.

I am soooo excited for this saturday. It's a chance for redemption from our horrible finals performance last year (anyone from CP you know what I mean). Bowie should be some tough competition, not to mention all the other very talented bands.

Oh, and rpd: it's because one of our band directors mentioned it briefly and people were told that BOA Arlington results were here. Not to mention the site was created by CP kids...I think...someone verify that.

I have been graduated 2 years and no one knows the story... How sad.

[quote name='rpd' date='Oct 9 2008, 09:54 PM' post='66448'

Sandra Day O'Connor High School will be attending. It kind of surprised me when I found out because usually bands in our district don't go to competitions outside of local competitions and USSBA. But props to them for going to a harder competition.

Sandra Day O'Connor has attended Westlake off and on for several years.