2008 TMEA Honor Band

is there a list of what each is band is going to play? I'm very curious as to what other band's programs are

I know it was posted on theyellowboard, so your best bet would be checking there.

I skimmed over the list, and there's quite a few playing Music for Prague, 1968... or whatever the arrangement is.

March from Symphonic Metamorpheses (sp) showed up several times, too.

Edited by JediSaxSolis

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it was posted on theyellowboard, so your best bet would be checking there.

I skimmed over the list, and there's quite a few playing Music for Prague, 1968... or whatever the arrangement is.

They took that information down because of the ideals of the Honor Band competition. Honor Band is supposed to be as anonymous as possible. Knowing what everybody is playing means that the performances are no longer anonymous to you and possibly some of the judges.

I do agree with the sentiment, but I really do like the idea of having the information in general available for historic purposes, so I'll see if I can gather the information to the best of my ability and post it here but without school names for now.

Keep in mind that the information that I get will have the possibility of being incorrect as the only good source I have is what the bands played for UIL, but that isn't necessarily what they put on the Honor Band CD. I believe there was only one band to do this in 5A (and I know which one that is), and I'm pretty sure there were 1 or 2 more in other classifications (that I don't know which ones).

I will update the list after I get the programs from the State listening and put the band names on their too.

a lot of people play Music for Prauge 1968 is becasue at most points in the piece, if a note is missed, it is rarely caught. It is one of the most dissonant pieces ever written.

a lot of people play Music for Prauge 1968 is becasue at most points in the piece, if a note is missed, it is rarely caught. It is one of the most dissonant pieces ever written.

But a lot of directors and judges know it really well because of how often it is played by high level groups including Langham Creek winning Honor Band with it in 2002.

• 4 weeks later...

YAY!!!!! I'm so excited! One of my friends texted me earlier in the day and told me we got honor band, bu I didn't want to post until the official results were up. I was in the honor band my freshman year as 2A, and will be in the honor band again as 3A for my senior year! This is SOOO exciting! Congrats to everyone who entered tapes, I know there wasn't a single bad band at the listening today :)

Edited by kollormn

OK, Rowlett just finished. Having heard all the recordings, here is my personal top 7 rankings: (Note, I am not a judge, not TMAA certified, etc)

1. Duncanville

2. Westlake

3. Rowlett

4. Marcus

5. Jersey Village

6. Coppell

7. Richland